Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Found a Ram 3500

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 08:42 AM
Chains69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a Ram 3500

If you read my previous post had a few questions about what to look for in CTD when buying used. Well I found one it’s a 2016 Ram 3500 dually. One owner, 184k, woman owned, took it to dealer to go thru it. Came back with thumbs up.
so here is my next question. Would you delete and tune it? If so what’s the best Kit and tuner to use. I live in Alabama so no emissions laws. I do drive and tow up and down east coast. Dealer let me take it for the whole day drove it around city and highway, love this truck.

Old 11-25-2021, 09:05 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

I might be tempted.... but, I would also consider waiting until some of those emissions devices started causing problems...... A tuner may not be a bad idea in any event. Everyone loves a bit more power.

Old 11-25-2021, 09:14 AM
Chains69

Which tuner would you suggest to buy now, keeping in mind down the road (I was actually thinking the same, not to mess with anything til I had a problem) I do plan on deleting the DEF and EGR systems. I have looked at the RaceMe ultra DPF, Edge tuners. I would like one that is a one shop stop for tuner as they are stupid expensive.

Old 11-25-2021, 09:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

On that, I really don't know enough to make a recommendation. I don't deal with diesels, at least, not for a couple decades.

The following users liked this post:
Chains69 (11-25-2021)
Old 02-18-2023, 02:49 AM
MikeHuber

Originally Posted by Chains69
If you read my previous post had a few questions about what to look for in CTD when buying used. Well I found one it’s a 2016 Ram 3500 dually. One owner, 184k, woman owned, took it to dealer to go thru it. Came back with thumbs up.
so here is my next question. Would you delete and tune it? If so what’s the best Kit and tuner to use. I live in Alabama so no emissions laws. I do drive and tow up and down east coast. Dealer let me take it for the whole day drove it around city and highway, love this truck.
Hello Sir,The Ultra supports all PU and C&C trucks From 2007-18 and soon the 2019-2021 models are supported too.
The RaceMe software supports all non VGT turbos, you will get no codes at all.

The only must is to remove the DPF system, EGR and DEF can stay in place or be removed it dosen’t matter at all. DPF must be removed otherwise it will clog, it can also be hollowed out.

Our RaceMe tunes what are on tuner are the safest on the market and have a multitude of different settings what each customer can try, power from stock to +200hp and trans tuning included.. The RaceMe Ultra even restores the RSA code on ECM as soon as you program truck back to stock what means there are absolutely no footprints on ECM, so your warranty is not touched in any way. You have always the option to program truck back to stock.
Please read our blog to see the benefits behind our tuners:
https://racemeofficial.com/daily-que...s-6-7l-trucks/ After programming truck with the RaceMe software you can complelty remove tuner from truck.

The RaceME Ultra is coming with 1 VIN license on board, and you can add 3 additional VIN Key´s each costs 150.
You can tune up to 4 trucks at same time with the RaceMe Ultra. Once the 4 are used you cant do anything with tuner.

Most questions are answered in our blogs:
https://racemeofficial.com/updates-news/
The installation is very easy, installation including programming takes up to 15 Minute's. You can do it by your own.
https://racemeofficial.com/shop/tuners/raceme-ultra/
Transmission tuning is only available on the 68RFE tranny, all Aisin and Manual equipped trucks are supported.
Transmission tuning for the AISIN transmission is not available, because software is encrypted and until today no one on this earth could crack the encryption.

The tuner comes with a complete transmission tuning.
Complete means:
Raised line pressure in all Fwd gears AND during the shifts.
Increased shift firmness for less slip in the clutches.
Changed shift points at WOT in all gears @ 3000 RPM.
6th gear unlock and downshift to avoid the massive torque and make the transmission last longer
You can choose between 3 transmission tunings.
Stock transmission tuning is for stock transmissions and has 185psi main line pressure.
Aftermarket transmission tuning has 225 psi main line pressure.
No tuning (default) is absolute stock as it was before.

MAX line pressure is 225psi.
We recommend the default settings for best millage and power most use the 120hp setting pulling heavy trailers without getting any problems with the transmission.

You can use stock or aftermarket tuning, look what works best for your needs.

You have 5 power stages up to 200HP on rear wheel

RaceMe Ultra Switch Power Stages

Stock: +30HP
Tow: +60HP
Street: +120HP
Performance: 150HP
Race: +200HP

Quick Reply: Found a Ram 3500