Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Constant Coding

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 01:26 PM
melanieaxid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Constant Coding

I bought a 2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Aisin in February with 78k miles and bought ext warranty. Just drove around town for about a month before leaving on cross country trip from Las Vegas.

Made it to Tucson AZ when threw code on 4/22/24 P2002 Particluate trap. Dealer charged me for regen blowout.

In Las Cruces NM when coded P0420 Catalytic converter system then code P2281 Air leak between MAF and throttle body. Took to dealership to ABQ and they said there was an inner cooler issue. Replaced, $522 out of my own pocket not including RV site costs.

SIX DAYS LATER 5/31/2024 threw code P2459 Diesel particulate filter. Took back to ABQ. They had it two days and said they could find nothing wrong, cleared code and sent me on my way.

THE NEXT DAY coded P2281 Air leak as stated above. Back in shop Monday 6/3/2024. The found a missing bolt under heater grid from shotty recall work back in September (which begs the question how did the dealership get this smogged in February with a gaping hole in the emissions system). Thought that was the culprit and began my travels home as I've been stuck in New Mexico away from my family and job for five weeks!!

6/8/2024 I went 150 miles before truck shut down towing trailer with code P2281 Air leak again and now P2509 ECM (stating that all cylinders are misfiring, catalytic converter again, cruise control, every thing that can go wrong is now lit up).

I'm now stuck for the sixth time, this time in Holbrook AZ. I can't get ahold of anyone at Chrysler. The dealership isn't giving me direct access to the district rep. I don't know what to do or who to contact. This is going to end in a lawsuit. I want Dodge to step up and buy this pos back.

Does anyone have a similar story or know of this happening?

REPORT FROM CODE READER IS ATTACHED

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CODES.pdf (56.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-11-2024, 05:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,369 Likes on 3,111 Posts

Contact Dodge Cares here on this website. (that is the username.) Might be able to help ya out.

The following users liked this post:
melanieaxid (06-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Constant Coding