Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Advice on New Truck! Cummins Mega Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Haystacks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on New Truck! Cummins Mega Cab

Can I get some advice on buying a new truck. I'm thinking about the new Mega Cab with the Cummins. The sticker on one said $48,000.00. Does anyone know if they are comming off that price at all or are they too hot right now. ALso can anyone give me a review of what you think of it? Hows the turning radius? I don't think I can go wrong with the cummins. Thanks Haystacks

Old 02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Lupo
Default RE: Advice on New Truck! Cummins Mega Cab

Viking Dodge in Illinois has what they call there no dicker sticker and they knock of about $10,000. They list their prices on their website.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 AM
justalookin
Rookie

The room in the cab is nice but personally i think they are ugly. I don't own one but from what i have heard if you have 13 acres you can turn it around. Your right when you said you can't go wrong with the dodge cummins. But the mega cab is iffy???!!! Jared

Old 02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fram of the mega cab is the same as the long bed QC's.

the downside with the mega cab is you can only get a 6' bed, and no duals for the 3500's.

I like my QC, but sometimes it would be nice to have the extra room in the back, but I can still fit three 6' tall guys in the back. the mega cab would do it with room to spare

Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM
blur826

I Have had the mega cab since Nov. I love it. The back seats are huge, The truck is great for long trips. It does take a little more room to turn around. The six foot bed is the only drawback.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Shadow Caster
Rookie

I say go for it. The bigger the better. If dodge made a 2 1/2 ton like the big 750 fords and the big internationals and so i would buy one. I am going to buy one probably come summer. Go for it dude.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Shadow Caster

I say go for it. The bigger the better. If dodge made a 2 1/2 ton like the big 750 fords and the big internationals and so i would buy one. I am going to buy one probably come summer. Go for it dude.

right now would be a time to step back your ckeck book. . .trust me. . .can we say 4500 and 5500 with a 6.7L cummins

Old 02-11-2006, 03:02 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

I traded my Quad cab (Hemi) for the Mega cab 3 weeks ago. So far I have 2000 miles on it and I love it. The room is great and the new interior adds a lot of class lacking in the previous Ram cabs.

This truck is made for work (CTD) but has what it takes to keep your wife happy on the longer hauls. Of course the Hemi as one would expect got real bad MPG and shouldn’t really be compared with the MPG of the diesel but this ’06 is already returning on my investment with an average 18.2 (80% highway) MPGs. This is a huge improvement on the Hemi as well as my ’04 Cummins which only got 15 - 17 in the first 20K.

As far as the bed goes, take off the gate to make room for the lumber or what ever you got in the back and tie a red rag on it!

As Lupo says there are great deals out there as I found the $10,000 off offer and ran with it. After all was said and done I got mine was very well equipped for a total $41K. Compare that with the ’06 Quad cab CTD with equal goodies and I think you’ll agree with me on the “Mega Cabâ€.

As far as the turning radius goes I was very surprised with just how good it was. Sorry I don’t have the actual specs but I’ll go out on a limb here and say it’s a bit better than 13 acres. I will say there is a bit of a learning curve coming from my QC to the Mega Cab when you try and get that parking spot between two other full size grocery getters at Wal-Mart.

As a side note, I haven’t listened to “terrestrial radio†since activating the Sirius satellite subscription that came with the truck.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
gametrail

I looked at them and would like to get one. Put it is not a 6 ft. bed is it. I pull campers so i didn't think it would work for me.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM
purplhrt91
Professional

I have 05 3500 Dually with 8' bed. She is a big girl. The mega cab has a 6' bed, still shorter than mine. They are not hard to turn around but you do have to know what you are doing. They look nice but I think they are over priced. They would be nice if you are carrying passengers alot. But hey, as long as you got a DODGE. Good luck on your decision.

Quick Reply: Advice on New Truck! Cummins Mega Cab