Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

exaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exaust

better yet, how bout an M1 abrams when the throttle is cranked wide open at a stop

Old 03-24-2006, 02:08 PM
06LiftedRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MBRP came with the extra pipe just in case you wanted to eliminate the converter. After all I read concerning warranty and extreme noise I left mine on.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
SouthernHotrod
Professional

Here ya go!

MBRP Exhaust!

Let me know if you want a kit like this. I'll get you a great price!

Old 03-25-2006, 07:31 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

i want stacks bad but i have to have a muffler and i cant with stacks but thanks

Old 03-25-2006, 07:40 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

turbo back or catback which is best? im looking around and saw those thx

Old 03-26-2006, 04:41 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

blackclouddiesel.com has internal mufflers is it actully a muffler will it pass inspection? cause the way my cab and exaust is i can leave the cat or what ever but the muffler has to go because thats where my exaust has to go up to my bed but if i can get thsi internal muffler it will work out thanks

Old 03-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Possum1
Rookie

heresdamanladies i just put a mbrp exhast on my truck its a quad cab long bed i can tell you i have room to move the muffler forward and then run it up into the bed for stacks i no i would have to fabricate some brackets for the hangers but i dont see why you cant run a muffler and stacks but i dought you can run the cat and muff though i dont think there would be room for that

Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

possum yea i was looking again today im PRIETTY sure but not positve see i have a std cab and with a quad cab there is more truck before the bed so theres more room. do u get what im saying theres about a whole door length extra. under your ext cab part is like where the muffler prob is so there is a more room till you hit the bed i dont know if im making any sense or not but hopefully thanks

Old 04-06-2006, 07:50 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

anyone know if the "internal" muffler would pass inspection for the black cloud diesel stacks? thanks alot

Old 03-17-2007, 07:16 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 06LiftedRam

I went with the MBRP cat back system from Diesel Performance Parts. This is the second vehicle I have used there product one and it is perfect. No worries or complaints. The 06 Cummins already has the 4 inch exhaust so going with a cat-back system will save you time and money by eliminating the need for a new downpipe. Hangers already welded in place. It can't be easier and has one of the best warranties out there. The sound is very good as well. Loud when you want it to be and civil when coming home through your neighborhood at night.
I've got one of their Pro-series cat back systems ordered and will be installing it next saturday. I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations. I don't like obnoxiously loud exhaust. Just something that sounds a bit more aggresive than stock but still mellow is what I want. Loud when you stomp on it is fine but creeping around or idling its not. I'm intending to trim the end of the exhaust on an angle just like the factory stocker. I must be an aberration but I hate the gaudy looking tips that seem to be all the rage with everyone on their diesel trucks. I've always thought the stock angled cut looked tough and want that same look on my stainless pipe.

Quick Reply: exaust