Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

third brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 PM
CATMAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default third brake light

I installed a prodigy brake controller with the factory dodge pigtale. After I hooked it up the trailer brakes didn't work I noticed that the third brake light wasn't working when you use the brake pedal but it works when you use the lever on the controller. The trailer brakes do not work either way. I unplugged the controller completly and the third brake light still does not work. Please tell me you have some ideas.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Default RE: third brake light

could bulb be burnt or fuse blown?

Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
jw_hendry
Rookie
Default RE: third brake light

I had a bad experience with brake controllers too. On a Dodge and on a Chevy. I was taking the factory pigtales and just matching the colors to the controller. Bad idea... It has been a while, but I think blue was the only wire that connected straight to the blue on the controller, the others did not match up. I had to use a power tester and the diagram on the controller to solve that puzzle. Burned up a few controllers before figuring it out. Don't know if this is the same kind of trouble your having, but good luck.

Quick Reply: third brake light