Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BEST INTAKE/EXHAUST COMBO??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 PM
sonny t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST INTAKE/EXHAUST COMBO??????

Just purchased a new 2005 heavy duty and am wanting to upgrade the intake and exhaust. Can anyone please share with me what combo they are running and what the performance gains if any there are. Im looking for an exhaust that will open her up better but I dont want that anoying resonation in the cab of my truck( had a 1500 with a hemi previously and it drove my wife crazy when we pulled our travel trailer== 40 series flowmaster with turn downs just behind cab way too loud inside the cab). Read the article in Deisel Power mag. about the Volant set up intake/exhaust combo but they didnt give any performance data, the system looks like a good set up ie=matches and Im thinking about getting it. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks a bunch Sonny T[:@]

Old 04-21-2006, 02:07 AM
ugotit
Professional
Default RE: BEST INTAKE/EXHAUST COMBO??????

We like the Bully Dog kit the performance is awesome, make sure to get some gauges to keep an eye on your exhaust temps and trans temps . The exhaust is not loud it has a nice tone with no drone .

sales@strippermotorsports.com
866-708-7744

Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just installing an aftermarket muffler will reduce your EGT's around 100-150F. weither or not there are any performance gains are doubtfull, the same with the intake.

I have a redneck BHAF, a NAPA 2790 straped to the stock intake tubeing. it definately opened up the intake, the turbo is much louder, but if I made any gains are very doubtfull.

good aftermarket mufflers are MBPR( I think I got that right) Donaldson, Nelson, and a few others that I cannot remember right off the top of my head. bee sure to steer clear of flow master with these engines, they have a horrendous drone around 2100rpms.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:46 AM
Possum1
Rookie

not queit drew mbrp and i have full exhuat system on my truck from turbo back 4inch and it isnt that load but noticable there prices are as cheap as anybodys on exhaust systems but my brother has 1 from jegs and for a full stanless sytem you cant bet the price on it and it sounds good as well and as for cold air kits i bout a kn filterpack 2 might not be as good but when you compare the prices youll see why i bout it thats just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: BEST INTAKE/EXHAUST COMBO??????