Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

what is the best tuner for my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what is the best tuner for my truck

I have the exact same programmer in my truck. ( 06, 4x4, quadcab ) I put it in last week, and so far, I'm happy with it. You're right though, everytime you want to change the setting, you have to plug in the controller. I don't really tow anything with my truck, so I just keep it in the middle setting. The third setting with the Crazy Larry upgrade is pretty sick though, but you probably wouldn't want to run it there all the time, of course that's just my opinion. I haven't really talked to my local dealer about warranty, but they seem pretty liberal from what I can tell. Now keep in mind, I have also added K&n intake and performance muffler, and am seriously thining about losing the catalytic converter next week. But, just give it a try, let me know what you think.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:41 PM
StoneCold316

so I should look more towards the quadzilla and tst over the other ones? how much does the SP66 turbo cost? or should I just use the banks turbo upgrade they sell in there power package?what is a good website to buy TST?or Quadzilla?

Old 06-02-2006, 10:56 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

usafr,

Just went turbo back, flow through muffler and no cat (against my dealers wishes) and HOLY CRAP IS IT LOWD!!!! [sm=insomnia.gif]

I saved the cat just in case. I think I'm gonna have to put it back on.

When I get on it I mean its almost window shaken lowd.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:42 AM
usafr
All Star

thanks BlKRam69, Ive been debating it for a couple of days, but now I think I'm gonna leave it. I'm not sure which brand of muffler was put on my exhaust, but it is straight through, and not much louder than factory. it can be heard when im accelerating, but then quiets down to nothing but a real light drone at cruising speed, and the turbo can still can still be heard singin along.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:19 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

Hey no prob, thats why we all come here!

Besides, you want to rock that new young lady of yours in that CTD craddle on those Sunday drives not shake er out of it wright!

Congrats to you and yours!!

[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-05-2006, 06:17 PM
GlenninTexas
Rookie

Strike the Bullydog Pup from your list. They don't make one for the 2000 model year.

Regards, Glenn

Old 06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
dieselram
Captain

I was about to sell my Bully Dog and get the Banks kit. I guess I'll go back to piece mealing it together again.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
StoneCold316

I was never going to go with bully dog I didn't like what they had. Should I go with quadzilla or should I go with the edge tuner?

Old 06-06-2006, 07:50 AM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

what would you suggest for a cheap way and if your not worried about adjusting on the fly? i saw a bully dog power pup for like 500 shipped on ebay i believe i got a 06 automatic thanks

Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 PM
usafr
All Star

thats what i paid for the triple dog, got it through Xtremediesel.com though. you don't have to have the dash mount to shift on the fly, it just eleminates the need to have the programmer plugged in the data port under the dash while your driving. i just leave mine on the middle setting, i'm gonna show it off to my wifes 1st sgt. this week, b/c he's thinking about buying a truck like mine. i'm still impressed with the third setting though.

Quick Reply: what is the best tuner for my truck