Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Magnaflow 4" and tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006 | 02:39 AM
zram2500
Default Magnaflow 4" and tuner?

Hi everyone, hope this subject isn't overdone. Magnaflows 4" for the 2nd gen, (mines a 2002) is a 3.5" downpipe into 4" back. Do you think the 3.5" downpipe will help or hinder performance. Will it help get the power and torque in the low rpm range?I'd like to ad a mild tuner, too, at some point. I'm not looking to be the baddest or to pour a bucnh of smoke, just better perf. and mileage, occasionally I tow a 21' boat or travel trailer. It's all stock,4x4 with larger tire option, auto and the higher gears. Also is that a resonater in front of the muffler (calif. truck), it doesn't appear to be a cat to me, but thought I'd ask? This is my first Dodge and diesel, been really happy with it so far. Thanks for your guy's input.

Old 06-22-2006 | 11:46 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Magnaflow 4" and tuner?

if your in cali, most likely it is a cat. big round nasty lookin thing. . .mine ran away a few weeks back

anyway, stock you have a 3.5" from the turbo to the muffler. then it goes to 4 inch just behind the muffler. Going to a full turbo back 4 inch exhaust will help you alot even with very mild performance options. it will help decrease EGT's by as much as 1-200F. If in the future you want to have some fun and get a box that puts out alot of power the exhaust wont hold you back.

in all reality, a full 4 inch exhaust will benefit you especialy when towing.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 4" and tuner?