Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

damn... truck got hit this morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts
Default damn... truck got hit this morning

got into an accident this morning where a guy ran a red light and taged the car to my left and grazed my rear bumper... damn, now if I had the edge on #3 instead of #1 I probably wouldnt have been hit...

fortunately its a graze, the rear bumper looks like it held up pretty good, scuffed along with the skirt on the bed right next to it.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: damn... truck got hit this morning

damnit man. . .that sux. . .but it does sow how well these trucks do hold up even though the sheet metal is a bit thin

Old 06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

it would have been much worse if my truck was stock... oh wait, actually if it was stock I would have been 2nd in line at the light and would have had a front row seat... lol

I almost missed it... from the back you cant tell there is damage, you have to look up at the bottom of the bumper to see it. I would have been really pissed if I'd driven off and found it later...

Old 06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actualy rear ended someone in my little yoda a few months back. . .actualy it was a chain reaction, @55hat cut off one guy, they slammed on the brakes, car behind them hits, then the car behind that one hits, Nissan pick-up infront of me hits that car and I run into the back of the nissan. out of all the cars that got hit I was the only one that stopped. my front bumper was still there. . .just turned down 1/8 inch, hopped in and kept on going to work

in atlanta you have to watch people in certian places cause they will run up next to you when a lane is ending and try their best to get infront of you. . .even if there is no one behind you. what point they are trying to prove I have the fogiest. I'm unsure how it is in other areas, but if I have the chance I will run the @55hat into the median, and most of the time it is a car that is low to the ground so they high center in the grass[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-30-2006, 03:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

yeah, I know what you mean. I remember the good old days of the '73 chevy 3/4 ton with the 454... people would get out of your way just because it was old and they didnt want to get hit. those were tanks... you could actually lean on it or sit on it w/o denting it...

Old 06-30-2006, 04:44 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew
in atlanta you have to watch people in certian places cause they will run up next to you when a lane is ending and try their best to get infront of you. . .even if there is no one behind you. what point they are trying to prove I have the fogiest.
I noticed that...when I was coming back from Florida with my Ram last year. I almost ran so many people over [:'(]

Sorry to hear about the truck Steve. Glad it wasn't anything major though.

I miss the days of better built trucks too. My Ramcharger was so hard to dent or ding...and you could actually climb on the bumper and sit on the hood. [>:]

Old 06-30-2006, 04:55 PM
bigmike
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to further prove the toughness, right after i got mine i was driving through an alley and a lady in nissan altima came flying backwards out of a blind spot right in front of me. i was idling in 3rd gear and barely got the brakes. anyway, i hit her in the rear quarter panel...long story short, she had $3000 in damage, plus the $300 her insurance had to pay me to fix a couple scrapes and paint on my bumper. you gotta love the tow hooks!!!!

Quick Reply: damn... truck got hit this morning