Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel shops in N. Ala/ S. Tenn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:54 PM
dieselram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel shops in N. Ala/ S. Tenn?

Hey all,
I'm up in Huntsville Alabama for a few months and I'm looking for some good shops that do aftermarket diesel work. I'd like a shop that knows diesels (i.e. expirence) and could talk over some parts ideas and help me get a package created and installed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 07-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Diesel shops in N. Ala/ S. Tenn?

cant help you there bro, but I know Jeff Garmin and Preston Thompson, McDonough GA, and both could give you some good ideas. . .whatcha planning on doin???

Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM
dieselram
Captain

Well, I'm looking at 450-500whp and 600-700ftlb, so new single turbo (jammer BB, aurora 2000, or similar), FASS system, possibly another pump, injectors, and have the head studed. I'd rather take a *safe* and daily drivable 450whp over some extreme monster. I'll probably have to put it on hold until I find a place in Panama City FL area. I'm also going with the Kore suspension kit (either the unlimited or technical kit) and some Desert Racing Concepts parts. I'll probably have Blue Torch Fabworks in Dothan AL do the suspension/chassis work.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Drew
Professional

newer CP3's are being released that dont drop the pressure off like the stock ones do. . .plus they flow fuel a bit better, but still not like a worked over P7100 or VP44. but they are on the way that will flow better than a good P7100

some stage II injectors from Diesel Dynamics or some good KAX would also be good to have since they are a bit more robust and can handle higher rail pressures.

SPS64 or the jammer would also help in keeping EGT's down. then add TST to that and you'll have easy 400-425 reliable at the rear wheels. oh, I wouldnt be surprized if you saw 750-800 with torque

Old 07-06-2006, 09:40 PM
dieselram
Captain

Thanks Drew,

I'm looking at the SPS62 and 64 right now, would the TST be good stacked with my Power Pup? I saw ATS makes a CP3 and thats what I was considering. Would the P7100 or VP44 be a good choice with the new low sulfur diesel coming out?

If you (or anyone) were building a rugged 450hp/800+ftlb 600 series Cummins, feel free to list the parts you would use. I have some ideas that I am refining, but I'm no expert so any advise is great.

Also, have you heard anything about ETR Diesel Performance in Lenoir City TN or City Diesel in Decatur AL?

Thanks for all your help, I always seem to have more questions than answers. We'll see if I can keep this engine project under $5K

Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Drew
Professional

under 5K. . I doubt it

anyway, the tst probably wouldnt stack to well with bully dog. the bully dog stuff already adds timeing, and the TST is timeing duration only. you would be adding in too much timeing and causeing the engine to run rough. if anything a pressure box would be good to have stacked with the tst, 5 degrees of timeing with some extra fuel and duration will get you a true seat of the pants kick.

when it comes to other pumps, I wouldnt try it. the VP44 will be stressed enough with the ULSD, the P7100 conversion alone is some mega bucks.

if your planning on a SPS62 or 66 check this out

I havent heard of either of those shops, sorry. but if you were to get a SPS62, modded CP3, and run TST with a pressure box then you would be looking at easily smoking the tires

Quick Reply: Diesel shops in N. Ala/ S. Tenn?