Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is This A Good Deal??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 AM
hemi_man87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This A Good Deal??

I was on autotrader recently, and saw a '97 Ram 2500 4x4 cummins for $11,995 (Canadian). It's got 225,000km on it, comes e-tested and certified with warrenty (however details not specified). I know i wanna go with the 12valve, though i've heard from many many people who know a lot about vehicles, that the dodge ram 94-01 auto trannies tend to blow up. I can drive stick..so that isn't a problem..just diesel + manual trannies are hard to find around here...and im fairly weary about buying one of the auto trannies. If you could give me some insight on whether this is a good deal or not, and how the automatics hold up (going to be mostly a daily driver), it would greatly be appreciated.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is This A Good Deal??

as long as you keep the fluid clean and cool you wont have any problems. also, while in park and reverse, fluid is not being circulated through the tranny, so if your trying to back up and nothing is happeneing put the shifter into neutral for a few seconds then try and back up again.

Quick Reply: Is This A Good Deal??