Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

whew

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whew

Hey Drew, whered you learn that job,,, my first afsc was pmel, which is pretty much exactly what u do. yeah, this site is an addiction, it's almost better than looking as ****. lol.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all ojt. . .but I have been to some CECOM and NRC cources on radiation. plus I majored in physics and computer science in college

Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
usafr
All Star

coool, u finished college. I've been trying to finish for years now,, and it gets more difficult every year. I have a GI bill now that I don't even have time to use. I think I'm gonna do it soon though, my new job in the AF is avionics on the C5 Galaxy, so I'm gonna pile everything up and hopefully get a BS in electronics.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
RAPOM

Hey usafr where are you at? I'm in Qatar right now and have a few c-5 guys here. I think I have read every post on this site since I've been here.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:42 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew

Electronic Equipment Measurement Mechanic is my actual job title. but realy it is calibration...
In tech school they told us that if we drop a torque wrench, we have to hand it in to get recalibrated, and that cost the Air Force like $150 when its done out of schedule (instead of about every 60 days). I thought to myself, "thats pretty damn expensive, if thats actually what it costs them, man, they are really being a$$ r@ped." I don't really believe it, but, oh well.
Yea... when I'm not at work (crew chieft C-130) or sleeping, I'm on here... sad but true.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 AM
usafr
All Star

My wife is Active Army stationed in Fort Hood, I am trasnferring from Homestead Florida going to Lackland. I'm in the process of reclassing jobs right now. Im doing avionics on the C5 now.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

Man, this is getting so creepy I may have to go to Cummins Anon - I spent 30 years in commercial calibration - and I thought I could get away from that! HA! There must be some weird connection between metrologists and diesels...(but I am glad to know I'm not the only one who can't seem to stop looking at these posts)

Old 07-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

James, you are right with dropping torque wrenches and having to turn them in. severe shock and the internals of the wrench dont get along. but every 60 day's. . .crap that quick, all of our ava. wrenches are on a 180 day schedule. all the other wrenches are on a 600 day schedule.

$150 a wrench I dont know, our service is free, the tax payers are paying for what I do, so I'm paying myself to sit here and be on this site as well as everyone else in the nation[8D]

Brian, guess there is some sort of TMDE connection between all this

Old 07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
usafr
All Star

Don't feel too bad, I'm a traditional reservist, in my civilian job I'm a lineman. I had a disc crap out in my lower back, so while they are comtemplating surgery, I get paid to stay home a babysit and be on this site, (I love it). Before I came here, I fixed street lights for the city of Ft. Pierce, Florida. It doesn't get much better than that (I was issued a box of biscuits for all the gravy there).

Quick Reply: whew