Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

0238 and 1689 codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:06 AM
moonshine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0238 and 1689 codes

got the 0238 map voltage high and 1689 ecm not communicating with vp. truck runs but feels like it is starving for fuel. any help is appreciated.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:31 PM
zach_deerefan
Default RE: 0238 and 1689 codes

try replacing your fuel filter. please fill out a signature so everybody knows what truck you have. may help you get a better answer. need the year, engine, tranny, stuff like that.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:32 PM
moonshine
Default RE: 0238 and 1689 codes

sorry about that, i thought i checked off that box. the things i tried: unplugged and replugged the ecm, reset the apps, unplugged and replugged the plugs going to and from the map and fms, samething for the vp w/no luck so far. i didnt try hooking the oem harness to the map to see if the problem is in the fms, but the fms has been turned off since the first sign of trouble.

i did give the stealer a call and the sensor is $164 and they say i have to by a pigtail for $35 and replace the exsisting flat plug. problem is the fms intercepts the signal from the map and fools the ecm, so i am not going to cut that plug without voiding the warranty from bluechip. i put a call into chip to see if they have some kind of adapter to go from the new round sensor to the exsisting wiring. he should be getting back to me on monday. if worst comes to worst, i will make my own adapter by purchasing the male round pigtail and a flat female pigtail.

i will update on monday

Quick Reply: 0238 and 1689 codes