Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tapping/knocking upon acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 PM
bigboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tapping/knocking upon acceleration

about 5-6 tanks ago, i noticed a slight tapping/knocking noise being made when i would accelerate pretty hard. now i notice it no matter how i accelerate. i am guessing that maybe it is some carbon build up. i have been using drews brew for probably 3 months now, but couldnt find the ps when they had the labeling issue. ran probably 3-4 tank fulls with out it (ps). that is when i started to notice this noise. i have since ran a couple of tanks with drews brew, but the noise is still there. should i try a full 32 oz of the ps? if so, with or without the mmo? thanks!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tapping/knocking upon acceleration

I just kinda the same problem. I went up to dallas a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any mix, so I ended up running 2 tanks without it. The noise devdloped and kept on even when I started adding the mix. This morning I mixed both the PSD and MMO according to their suggestions, (which is like 24oz of PSD and 20oz or so of MMO to a full tank,, 34gal), the noise is gone and acceleration is alot smoother.

Quick Reply: tapping/knocking upon acceleration