Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got my ingrediants for Drews special mix

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got my ingrediants for Drews special mix

will this work for a ford truck.

BNB

Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BNB. .. it will work in any diesel engine.

oh and hank. . .the overhead trip meters are horrably inaccurate. some are reading high, others are low, mine before I put in the TST was generaly 2.3mpg low. I was getting 18.8-19.3 mpg for the overall tank, but my trip meter was stuck generaly saying 17.0-17.9.

the best way to test this out is for the trucks to drive similar distances after a fill-up to where you can see the fuel in the filler neck. then drive that distance a few times then go back to the pump and see who needs less fuel to see it in the filler neck.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I'm glad you talked about the tank mod and the extra space. I don't have the mod yet, but when I fill my truck I can slowly and tediously squeeze in an extra 5 gallons after the nozzle clicks off the first time. That puts me at the vent tube in the filler neck. I have repeated the procedure several times now at different stations. The first time I thought I was going crazy. My '04 Ford would take 3.5 every time. I also think putting the extra fuel in there causes my trip computer to read on the optimistic side by about 3 MPG.

Question, did you let your truck get past a certain mileage before you started using your brew? I am at 2900 miles and don't really want to add anything until I am sure she is good and broken in . I have been towing the camper hard every weekend and it seems to improve in mileage and perrformance every week.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

Yeah I agree Drew. Mine is all over the place. I drive the same distance back and forth to work every day with no traffic at 55-60mph. then the truck gets parked for the night. I reset the meter before I get in and one time I was getting 25mpg and the next it was 17.8 and it was all over. So I will just average the the mileage after every fill up.
ORIGINAL: Drew

BNB. .. it will work in any diesel engine.

oh and hank. . .the overhead trip meters are horrably inaccurate. some are reading high, others are low, mine before I put in the TST was generaly 2.3mpg low. I was getting 18.8-19.3 mpg for the overall tank, but my trip meter was stuck generaly saying 17.0-17.9.

the best way to test this out is for the trucks to drive similar distances after a fill-up to where you can see the fuel in the filler neck. then drive that distance a few times then go back to the pump and see who needs less fuel to see it in the filler neck.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Drew
Professional

you can start useing it when you pull off the lot. no need for a break in period when useing this fuel addative.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
speakle
All Star

My truck is new as well so thanks for clearing that up. BTW I laugh everytime I see the name God ram it.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
gtxpooch
All Star

I got the last gallon of the MMO and more PS at wallyworld today. Question how many tanks does it take to hear it quiet down?

Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Swifteeee

I store Farm Diesel and Clear Diesel sometimes for 6 -8 months at one time. My dad has been farming for over 30 yrs and I for 15 and we have never had algae and have only heard of it one time. My father-in-law bought a used 600 gallon transfer trailer for farm diesel that got the algae in it. The manufacture of the trailer told him the previous owner probably recieved the algae from bad supplier. He sold him a cleaner and cleared it right up. He also has an 8000 gallon supply tank and may only use 3000/yr so he has diesel that is 2 yrs old. I have heard bio diesel can settle out and ethanol, but in my experience, regular diesel will store quite a long time.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:32 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I added it this week end. It did make it run a little smoother. and it did also quiet it down. I also noticed a little power gain.

I will be using it for the life of my truck. In the winter I will buy the white bottle with the anti gelling additive.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I picked up a gallon of MMO at walmart for $12 bux... buy bulk & save...

Quick Reply: Got my ingrediants for Drews special mix