Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 PM
DocDave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Truck

Hey Guys,
I just wished the folks on the Ford Forum Good Bye. I spent 6 hours at the Dodge Dealer yesterday haggling for my new Dodge. But, I got the job done, and will pick up my new truck on Friday!! I am so excited. While I loved my Ford 6.0, I could no longer trust it. So, here I am. I bought a 2006 "inferno red" (dark red) 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 SLT with Single Rear Wheels. I ended up choosing the 3.73 rear diff, with the 4 speed Automatic. My trailer is almost 12,000 lbs, which is not too heavy for a 5th wheel, so I figure the 3.73 rear diff will suffice. This week, they will be installing the Dodge approved Jake Brake, Navigation System, DVD system on the ceiling, and Mopar Nerf Bars. Plus I have them switching out the wheels for the "forged aluminum" wheels and thowing in a free Bug guard and baseball cap. I am excited to say the least, and look forward to driving it worry-free in the mountains.
David

Old 08-27-2006, 01:51 PM
hiredgun
Rookie
Default RE: My New Truck

Someday they will all come around.....LOL. Welcome and Good to have here at DF.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:27 PM
cumminalong

Cool!

I said my peace over at FTE a little while back. Great group of guys, but like you, I didn't trust the truck anymore and I was tired of fixing crap that should have been right from the factory and then getting crap service because they were just plain cheap.

You'll love the new truck.

BFR............errrr, cumminalong!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Nice move, you will be much happier now!!![8D]

Quick Reply: My New Truck