Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
mtman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire suggestions

I am once again in search of a good set of tires for my 03' 3500. Last year about this time I got a set of Pro Comp M/T's. They are awesome tires but they have right about 20K on them and are not going to make it through the winter. So long story short I need new tires that will grip well especially in snow, ice andmud as the winters in Wyoming can be very long. I also do a lot of pulling since I am a contractor and have a 16' and 20' enclosed tool trailers. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
hiredgun
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire suggestions

Mtman,

I think you should check on the cooper s/t or the s/tt . The s/t is coopers agressive all terraine and the s/tt is their mud tire. I have ran both of them and I have had really good luck . I got 40 k on a set of the s/t s and decided to go bigger so I pulled them off and sold them to a friend . they probably would have went another 25 or 30k but I wanted to go bigger they were 285/75/16 on an 02 4x4 ctd. I ended up putting 35/12.50/17 with new rims and and I went with the s/tt. I have about 10k on them and the front ones still have the **** on them . here is coopers website check them out and you can find dealers in your area too. Both of them do good in the mud but I have never had them in the snow.....(it doesnt snow in south texas...lol) http://www.coopertires.com

Quick Reply: tire suggestions