Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Aux fan install? anyone do it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Aux fan install? anyone do it yet?

has anyone installed an aux puller fan yet? went wheeling on monday and climbing up a steep trail the temps started to climb. I ended up dropping it into 4lo which brought the temps back down some. the thought occured to me that an aux puller fan would do alot of good on a trail run...

Old 09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aux fan install? anyone do it yet?

I use 2 10 inch fans in push mode. I have them attached to my condensor though........lol. When the truck sits for a while and I leave the A?C running, I flip both fans on. I just use a relay for each and a micro toggle right above my fuse panel access cover. Those 2 fans move a lot of air. My truck stays ice cold.

I know our truck fans use thermostatic/viskus type clutches, but how come I have never seen an electronic type clutch. I have all the horsepower in the world for a fan. I'd love to get a jump on it before I'd have to pull a hill with a moderate load on the back. The mechanical fans though, imho, pull more air than electric.

Maybe they do make them. I have never seen one though.

Adios.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Aux fan install? anyone do it yet?

I know Flex-a-lite makes a 6000 cfm setup for chevy's durajunk (who the hell knows why... I think flex-a-lite is owned by gm in some way). do you have any pics of your setup? and what year is your truck?

they (flexalite) make a thermo control for the fans, you might be interested in converting at some point.
btw, my wifes old dak (now sold) had an aux puller fan in front of the mechanical one. didnt seem to help with the a/c until I put in the 180 deg t-stat. too hot w/o the 180, too cold w/the 180... damn, they are hard to please...

Quick Reply: Aux fan install? anyone do it yet?