Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
troop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer

My friend ads Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Sabilizer to his oil every time he changes his oil. He says its supposed to be good for it and help with MPG. He is currently getting 18-20. Has anyone heard of it or used it, its almost time for my oil change and was thinking about trying it. Opinions please

Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 PM
eprn1n2
Default RE: lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer

Something you might want to see. I don't add anything to any fluid. Just too much snake oil out there.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

interesting thread on the MMO in a gasser engine...
https://dodgeforum.com/m_479194/tm.htm

I put some Red Line in my '97 Dak rear end to help it along as the rear bearings were shot (really to quiet it down until I fixed it). It helped some. I then added some of the lucas stuff back there and it only made it noisey again...

Old 09-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: eprn1n2

Something you might want to see. I don't add anything to any fluid. Just too much snake oil out there.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

WOW that was really cool to see. Bob is the MAN !!! I've put a small shot of Lucas in when I did my last oil change based on a recommendation from a friend. Don't think I'll be doing it next time.

Thanks for the link eprn, and Welcome Aboard !! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
cptdarel

I used the same product in my boat, bought a case of it, as I was putting it in i noticed small particles in oil, thought hmmm something to do with heating amd disolving in oil, well i always have my oil analized and results came back, "ALARM" SILICA IN OIL!,
S**T, it was dirt, sooooo never again, straight oil for now on. I called the oil chemist and he said there is no bad oil on the market, as long as it has the proper ratings, no additive is needed!

Old 09-08-2006, 02:12 AM
eprn1n2

thanks. I've thought for years on what vehicle to get to replace my Volvo 240 with 320,000 miles on it. The 2003 dodge with the Cummins is the truck. I like vehicles that last. I'll keep the volvo too. But I read this board to get an idea of what is going on with the Dodge Cummins. It's hard to beat the Cummins diesel.

Quick Reply: lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer