Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

She's a Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 AM
DocDave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's a Beauty

Well, I finally have my new truck at home. Wow. Quiet, strong and solid. I love this big Mega Cab too. I have so much to learn about the truck this weekend. I love the way it drives. Someone out there posted a picture of their silver truck with the Mopar Fender Flares on it. I liked that and had the dealer add them on mine just before I brought the truck home. It sure adds a nice touch. I'll get a picture of the truck on here this weekend, as I haven't had a chance yet. You know, the computer is telling me that I am getting 19.0 mpg driving around town. I cannot believe that, as it only has 250 miles on it. I have not really stepped on the pedal yet, as I want to break it in properly for the first 500 miles or so. It was tough to let go of my Ford 6.0, but this is definitely a better truck. Plus, my monthly payment is less. Well, I'm glad to have it now, and be part of this family.
Dave

Old 09-08-2006, 02:09 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: She's a Beauty

Welcome to the club. I was gald to see my 6.ohno go. 5800+ miles on mine in 8 weeks, I love this thing. IF you plan on towing with it, you will love it even more. Every weekend for the last 8 I have gone camping, and it pulls better every time. You are getting better mileage than I am, but don't believe the trip computer until you hand check it a few times. Mine is always reads better than hand calc. Meantime enjoy!

Old 09-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Dodge This
Professional

I got my quad cad a few weeks ago and love the truck. I would not belive the computer either. In my last truck(03 Hemi) it said I got 14-15mpg and I really got 12. Have not checked it out on the new truck yet.

Welcome.......

Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
cumminalong

Dave,

Glad to here you got the new baby home. You'll enjoy it. I know I like this truck a lot more than my SD, the wife does too. She is more than happy to tell me that she can ride in this one without her teeth getting rattled out. Problem is, now she talks to me more.

Congrats on the new truck.

Rich

Old 09-08-2006, 01:08 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Dave,

... Problem is, now she talks to me more.

Congrats on the new truck.

Rich
LMAO... well if it was rattling (vibrating) before maybe something else was going on (jk)... when I dont use the brew in mine the vibration goes up a hair and every now and then I feel like my cell phone is vibrating on my hip. kinda irritating at times.

edit: oh yeah congrats on the truck... the overhead comp is a joke, do your mpg calculations by hand.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Congrats Doc !!

Wishing you many years of happy trails !!

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

pic says it all

Old 09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: steve00ram360

LMAO... well if it was rattling (vibrating) before maybe something else was going on (jk)...
Hey you know how it goes:

If this trucks a rockin'......................................get a bigger sway bar and air bags!

What? Where did you think I was going with that?

Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 PM
DocDave

Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcome. Yeah, I'll have to hand calculate the mileage, as I am sure the trip computer is lying to me. I let my wife drive the truck home from the YMCA yesterday, and she loved it! She says that it drives much better than the Ford. I would have to agree. It is a sweet machine. I cleaned it up today, as the dealer doesn't quite detail it the way that I do. You know, get under the truck, wipe down the fuel tank, the frame, etc. It's amazing how dusty it gets under there just sitting at the dealership. At any rate, I spent some time wiping down the motor also and getting to know it. This motor is just set up so much better than the 6.0. I love how the intercooler tube is so short right off the turbo. They keep it simple. I can't wait to finish the breakin period (500 miles, I believe,) so that I can see what sort of muscle this thing has when I "floor" the pedal. Haven't given it much juice yet. I still need to get it sprayed with Rhino-liner, then get my 5th wheel hitch installed properly. Add a Ranch Hand grill guard, and I'll be done with it. I'll get a picture of it on here for you, as soon as my wife downloads the camera for me. (I'm not very good at that stuff.) Later.
Dave

Old 09-10-2006, 12:15 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Congrats!!! It's like being a new daddy!

Quick Reply: She's a Beauty