Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Diesel Owner!!! First Timer

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
dougxd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Diesel Owner!!! First Timer

Hi all!!!!! I'll tell ya, I don't know why I didn't do this in the first place.......first a Ram1500, then I "upgraded" to a F150 King Ranch, and dumped that in a heartbeat for my new miracle..... the '06 QC4x4 CTD. This toy ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the foggiest clue on how to tinker with it like a lot of you guys, but I'm so friggin' happy right now, I'm just enjoying it as is. I'll poke around and read up on things here and I'm quite certain I'll be firing off a few questions here and there, so super-thanks in advance for being here and helping folks like me dig out from the gas nonsense.

PS - I'm also twice as happy now that I'm back to a Dodge. Whoooooooooottttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Dodge This
Professional
Default RE: New Diesel Owner!!! First Timer

Welcome.... I got my CTD 2 weeks ago and love it. This site is great for info. I have learned alot out Diesel truck.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been working on Diesels for about 11 years now, anything from the GM 6.2L (yes, worked on a few POS 350 diesels) 6.5L's, detroit 60 series, 8v92's, Cummins 6CTA, ISC's, 8vTA's, 500's . . .just to name a few. didnt actualy buy my first one untill Aug 04 and have enjoyed every mile and enjoy them even more with my TST

Old 09-09-2006, 03:32 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Welcome to the forum, you will love it even more once you start modifying it...you can make them very fast for very little cash
This is my first diesel...and I couldnt be happier, it made getting over my 454SS easier. And my Cummins would have eatin it!

Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 PM
get2it

I am a firm beleiver that their is only one truck,and that is only because every winter I pull fords and chevys out of trouble.If your looking for advice on how to start,go and buy and exhaust (down tube to tailpipe)and an intake. You need to let that puppy breath. I say puppy because thats how cummins start out. Once you let it break in and tune it you will be amazed. It's always a good idea to get some gauges inthe cab. I would just check with your dealer on the gauges,I know your good on the exhaust and intake as far as warrantee goes. They sometimes get funny on the gauges (because of drilling and tapping) and I say this because you should start with a boost and an EGT gauge. This will let you have a better idea of whats going on in the motor. You be able to see the importance of your the gauges as you add your go fast goodies. I hope this helps you a littlebit.

Quick Reply: New Diesel Owner!!! First Timer