Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drews Brew... Explained. (Read Me FAQ)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drews Brew... Explained. (Read Me FAQ)

FYI, Power Service was ULSD compliant long before ULSD was first sold in CA.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Horseman
Rookie

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and have spent a lot of time reading through things. This post has got me in a complete circle here, was (am) very interested in "Drews Brew" with this new fuel on the market seemslike a good item. Then read the above test results which seems to indicate maybe not so good. By the results of this test Opti lube seems a better alternative. But...if results are possibly questionable because of sponser then maybe not. Starting to hurt my head...Have been looking for a good additive since this new diesel hit the market that wouldn't empty your wallet more than necessary along with rising fuel prices. My truck is an 02 high output six speed,jacobs brand exhaustbrake,hpertech stage 3, cool air intake, airdog fuel system, straight tube, warn 9000i winch, pro tech headache rack and box. It's a workin truck, pull a big horse trailer and flatbed for hay and such. Being thats it's an 02 was (am) a little worried about the lube factor in the fuel. Bought it new and like it a lot, plan on keeping it a lot longer. So what are you guys thinking now about the additives??

Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Sorry to knock ol' Drew's Brew but like post above the MMO and PS isn't the greatest for fuel lubricants since one product is made from paint thinner (solvent base)... It will increase the wear on the fuel system. The other thing is most people overdose on fuel additives cause fuel system problems or failures... Cetane booster is not a power booster!!! Remember every winter when cetane levels rise we all start whining about lower MPG's well that is the high cetane fuel... But come summer time the cetane level is reduced so the MPG's come back. I saw a very popular cetane booster ran on the dyno and it cause a 25-50 HP LOSS!

Just because the additive company is making it doesn't mean its good for your truck...

Go to my web page for more information of fuel additives...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%2..._cycle_oil.htm

Quick Reply: Drews Brew... Explained. (Read Me FAQ)