Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

48RE Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:16 PM
QWKNESS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 48RE Questions

I believe I have the 48RE trans (4sp w OD)

I've read this is the weakest link in the drivetrain? true?

Can this be beefed up with a better converter and maybe a valve body upgrade, does the computer monitor tans temp? I think I saw on my neighbors Edge Attitiude that it did. Would an AL pan whith larger capacity help too?

Reasons are I want to race the truck and not worry about blowing the trans up and it would be better for towing too I think.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 48RE Questions

ATS makes a tough, 5 disc converter. Lockup will knock ya back into your seat. They sell everything you'd want for a beefier tranny. A deeper pan always help extend fluid life, and in keeping tranny temps down. As far as that Edge stuff, I don't swim in that electronic crap.lol. I am pretty sure they monitor tranny temp though. I'm a traditional 2 1/16" gauge type guy. I think Autometers are the best. Cobalt series. If you want a good good tranny gauge, check the sales section. I have a brand new C2 tranny gauge. Paid $209.00. I'll make ya a deal yo can't refuse.LOL j/k.

Smoke em if you got em.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 48RE Questions