Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Malfunction Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:54 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Malfunction Indicator Light

quote:

if nothing is truly wrong the code will go away after 5 full starts of the engine.

Ok,Malfunction Indicator Light comes on, won't go off. Tried the turn and off 3 times and no codes. took it to Autozone and they hooked up scanner, wouldn't show any code, just "Linking". He tried unplugging it and plug in 2 times, same thing "Linking". Drove home and tried the 5 ful starts Malfunction Indicator Light still comes on won't go off. Any suggestions?? I did install the block heater yesterday and drove approx. 200 miles/9 starts of truck and no Malfunction Indicator Light. Will take to dealer in the morning. Took to dealer, they were "downloading the scanners" and couldn't look at till next week when I get off work. What a crock!!

Old 10-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Dodge This
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Malfunction Indicator Light

When I took mine in last week for the light. They told me it was a stored code for a battery temp sensor. I asked about the 5 start deal and he said that did not apply to all codes. They downloaded it and all is well.

Quick Reply: Malfunction Indicator Light