Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Finally snapped some pictures of The Rig!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:25 PM
SinCityCTD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally snapped some pictures of The Rig!

Didn't come out too great, but it was ok for a spur of the moment driveway shoot

Stock 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie - Cummins Turbo Diesel - Inferno Red - 4x4

2000 miles left on the break-in period...then the mods start!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 PM
usafr
All Star
Default RE: Finally snapped some pictures of The Rig!

Thats a good lookin truck. Mine is the same color, just a quad cab and no leather. When I bought mine I didn't really like the megacab, but its really starting to grow on me. What mods are you plannin to go with?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:59 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

nice truck!!!

what breakin period are you talking about? you have about 500 miles you need to put on it, then your good to go. just dont use synthetic oil for about 30k miles. i bought mine with 13.5k on it and have been moding it from the start. it's an addiction, i'm seeking help [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Mayfair
Legend

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN !!!!

That truck is SWEET !! The more and more I see the Megacab, the more I like em. If I ever needed to get another truck, that would be the one for sure. Nice truck Sin !!

Nice " Casa " too !!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
kingdog
Professional

WOW
That looks great, the mega cab is MEGA for sure,.

I also am wondering about the "break in period " that you mentioned.
I will picking up my 2007 3500 CTD with the 48RE next Wednesday and plan on picking up our new Toy Hauler on the Friday, it is about 350 or so miles away and weighs 11500lbs, so if there is a break in required I would realy like to know before I put that kinda weight behind it.

Ralph

Old 10-18-2006, 03:05 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

They want you to wait for 500 miles before you tow to let the gears in the rear end seat. After that drive it with a full load for as long and far as you can as it's a great way to seat in the rings.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
kingdog
Professional

ORIGINAL: DBLR

They want you to wait for 500 miles before you tow to let the gears in the rear end seat. After that drive it with a full load for as long and far as you can as it's a great way to seat in the rings.

Thank you DBLR
That is what I thought it was also, and according to my plans I will be in that range more or less before hooking up the the trailer, I will also be taking secondary roads there and back , so the speed will not be consitant , kinda of like a nice country drive sight seeing there and back.

Thanks agian
Ralph

Old 10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful truck. They are a hunk of steel, that's for sure.....LOL. I LOVE that color. I hope you have a lot of good years with it.

I'll die behind the wheel in my Ram.....lol.

I keep seeing these Dodge "Sprintsters" runnin' around on trucks like DHL, Fed-Ex. Looks like John Merrick, the "Elephant Van"

(Elephant Man,,,, get it?.lol)

Actually..... the more I think about it, the best way to describe the way the van looks is to show you a pic.

Here you go. The guys name is Mayfair. Michael Jackson tried to buy his bone(r).

[IMG]local://upfiles/12792/A16E40A2BBF84BB486EBC059A70B5045.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
SinCityCTD

Thanks everybody! The dealer said to wait 500 miles before towing and 5000 miles before swapping to bigger wheels and adding mods. He said people who mod before 5000 miles always have problems and get less gas mileage than people who wait until after the 5k mile mark. I thought 5k miles was a little long myself, but decided to play it safe. Besides, that gives me time to plan the mods.

I want to throw some wheels and tires on the thing first, because the current stockers are WAY too small looking in my opinion. Then something like the Banks 6-Gun, necessary tranny upgrades, and intake/exhaust. Also want to do some mild fender flares, inner fenders, and I already have billet door and tailgate handles sitting in the garage. Also thinking about a mild lift kit and of course if I do that, then the billet drop hitch.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

The guys name is Mayfair.
[IMG]local://upfiles/12792/A16E40A2BBF84BB486EBC059A70B5045.jpg[/IMG]

DADDY ???

Is that YOU daddy ???

Quick Reply: Finally snapped some pictures of The Rig!