Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Various ?'s and observatons - your input

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Various ?'s and observatons - your input

I have the 06' 2 X 4 CTD. Stock.

Been reading today as we are unable to continue our construction project 'till tomorrow, (stuck in a hotel room), here goes;

a. Have been thinking of second income, pulling someones loads - their trailers etc, will need goose neck hitch - the stow a ball from valleyindustries.com looks great, 35,000#'s, does any one here haul for a living using their 2500's/3500's?
b. Have a look at cfmplus.com for their intake manifold, looks good, carbon fiber I think.
c. I like the look of the "blend mount" for the Edge attitude monitor on the interior mirror, has any one tried these?
d. Trueflow.com , have a look at their intake systems. There is a video of them demonstrating their foam filters and results of a test between theirs and the "popular" screen filter manufacturer, the guy has some good arguments, have a look let us know what you guys think.

Have a look at Desia's Mega Cab online at dieselpowermag.com - this lady has left nothing to chance!

Any and all comments welcome

Thanks

As you can see, boring day = lotsa reading

Old 10-22-2006, 09:47 PM
ramtradxb
Professional
Default RE: Various ?'s and observatons - your input

I see guys using CTDs all the time who transport travel trailers (fifth-wheelers and regular hitch types) across the country. Lot's of mfr's of trailers in Indiana, for example, who sell to dealers out west - the trailers are too big to load on a flatbed so they're towed by guys who also then quite often pick up trailers mfr'd in the west (So Cal has a lot of mfr's) and take them back, thereby utilizing their truck both directions. From those I talk to, it's not a high-paying business, but if you like to drive and see the Interstates...

Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional

I do a lot of travel at present, - but not really wanting to do it full time, - would be cool if there was a web-site you could go to and post a trip you were going to do and have someone contact you with a load to take with if you fealt like it.
Food for thought!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:41 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Sounds like you need to step up into a bigger rig

Old 10-24-2006, 05:18 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

I trust there's a Cummins in that, Jake...

Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only way to make money hot shotting is to do it full time. as long as the wheels are a rolling so is the money. it can get boring at times, and some insurance companies make you pay through the nose since you are on the road soooooo much.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nelspruitdodger

b. Have a look at cfmplus.com for their intake manifold, looks good, carbon fiber I think.
c. I like the look of the "blend mount" for the Edge attitude monitor on the interior mirror, has any one tried these?
d. Trueflow.com , have a look at their intake systems. There is a video of them demonstrating their foam filters and results of a test between theirs and the "popular" screen filter manufacturer, the guy has some good arguments, have a look let us know what you guys think.

As you can see, boring day = lotsa reading
I'd go with the ATS manifold over the cfmplus... http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/...InManifold.asp lots of users (me included) with good things to say about them. My personal opinion on it is that it kicks ***... my but dyno concurs with their claim of 57? ft lbs of tq around 1750~1800 rpms.

I had the edge pillar mount that your thinking of and liked it alot. I have since upgraded to individual guages for my monitoring.

trueflow... never heard of them. I had a look at their website and from what I can tell, they have dyno sheets to back up their claims which is always a good thing. downside is they dont have one for the CTD setup. I think however that if your going to be towing heavy a couple of things you would need would be an open exhaust and open intake. I have the AFE stage 2 setup with the proguard filter which is pretty damn big and it helps keep air moving pretty good and the egt's lower.

Quick Reply: Various ?'s and observatons - your input