Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Guy Check-in and Cummins Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:38 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: New Guy Check-in and Cummins Question

I save/bookmark alot of the good ones for reference. helps speed things up when needing to go to them.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, I can just sit back and not even hit the keyboard and it seems as if I were here

the only problem I have come across when going off the beaten path with my truck is when I encounter the soft stuff, the front end does tend to sink. now in up hill climbs the added weight on the front end helps alot if the back gets a little squirrely.

what was said earlier is correct, the only gearing offered with the manual is the 3.73's due tot he gearing being so high. I have 4.10's only because I have the old dependable NV5600. I kinda wish I had 3.73's at times, but put this bad boy in double low and I'm pulling a house off its foundation.

since you said you plan on putting 33's on I might suggest this. the added height of the wheel over the stock one will lower the final gearing. if you get 4.10's with the auto, and put 33's on it will be just as if your truck had the 3.73's and stock wheels. you will have to have the computer reprogrammed for the taller tires, however you will not loose overall performance. but it is still your gun to pull the trigger on.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakebrake
also i think the autos need a band adjustment every 30,000 miles, but that is really easy to do.
I have been told by a tranny guy to not touch the bands unless it is slipping. Have not got to the 30,000 mile mark to see. Also if you look service interval A you do not have to do any thing to the tranny unless I missed it the last time I looked in owners manual. Guess it's he said, no he said or some thing close to that.

My $0.02

Quick Reply: New Guy Check-in and Cummins Question