Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Official: Oil Burners Mug and Truck shot thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official: Oil Burners Mug and Truck shot thread

Hey cumminalong is that a Yamaha Grizzly 660 or one of the Kodiak models. I have a 04 Grizzly 660 in the hunter green. Don't you love that thing. Personaly love the limited slip front diff with a electric selectable locker. Makes riding in 4x4 not hard on the drivetrain but when you need it you can lock it up. We had a 250CC yamaha traded that to get the grizzly.

not to mention it's one of the quickest utility quads on the market due to yamaha's great engineering and it's light weight for the class it's in. I know mine can reach a quick 70 mph and has no probs riding wheelies lol.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
cumminalong

Yup!

That's my Griz and the wife rides a KingQuad 700.

It's been sitting on the trailer for about 4 months now, just beggin to go riding.

I'm probably looking at 1st or 2nd week of April heading up to the Hatfield / McCoy trails with a few friends.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Very nice i was pretty sure it was a griz lol that's what I call mine too "the Griz" I was pretty sure when I saw the pic but then i clicked and it zoomed in and I saw the fin lookin covers that come off and new right then yup it's a griz. I havn't had mine out too much of late either. We have about 15 acres at home to ride on and I love it. Plus those big bore quads with carbs are pretty hard to get goin on a cold winter day. I havn't gone anywhere with it yet but hopefully this summer I can go up to Tower city or Raush creek up here in PA and try it out on some of the hill climbs and such.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong
heading up to the Hatfield / McCoy trails.
Weren't they the guy's from the OK corral ??

Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Weren't they the guy's from the OK corral ??
No, no....those are the people from Kentucky / Tennessee that were feuding for years.

Here it is getting a little workout at Coal Creek in TN.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/2A3F81218D644060B9E1E8DCA75A1078.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Ben D.
Champion

what tires are those on it they don't look like the stock dunlops???? in fact they look like ITP mudlites which are what i'm putting on mine this summer since the stock dunlop tires are getting worn out. not too much tread left on em.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
cumminalong

They are ITP 589's....these things are EEEEeeeeevviiiilllllllleeeeee!

Don't ride behind someone that has them. They don't kick up dust, they kick up clods and boulders.

I had Maxxis Mud Bugs on my last bike. They were great in the mud, but these things are better in everything.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I'll have to check out ITP 589's the dunlops that came with it are worn pretty good. I use to be able to go pretty much anywhere without 4x4 but the rears are gettin dull and now in snow escpecially i need 4x4 they just like to spin. I have been lookin at the mudlites and they look just like that and i was like geez talk about something in common lol. Same quad same tires. if urs was green or mine was green i'd be thinking i must know u or something lol. I also want to ditch the factory a arm skids and get some nicer ones that arn't plastic. I ripped one of them off last summer ona stump that i was crawling over. Gotta love them grizzlies. Have you checked out the new 700 FI Grizzly?? That is one sweet piece. wouldn't sell the one i have now for it but the new ones are just pretty cool.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
cumminalong

Honestly, I don't need anything more than this bike. It's fast, light, responsive, rides great and most of all.....has never left me stranded. I have it pretty much built to the teeth. Between the tires, 2" lift, 3000 lb winch and power to spare; I can go damn near anywhere.

It would be nice to have the FI, but I don't really ride anywhere that is up about 4K feet, so I don't worry about the jetting to much. Besides, it takes a grand total of about 15 minutes to change the jet.

My wife has that '06 King Quad and while it is a nice bike, it's crapped out twice already. First time out, the PCM committed suicide and the bike wouldn't start. I was glad we were on top of the mountain, so I could just let it coast down to the parking area. 7.5 miles of all down hill; that was kinda fun actually. Then, for some reason, it keeps eating the battery. Have had it replaced twice now. I think it's all the electronic crap is putting some kind of continuous low current draw on it. It does ride nice though.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Gotta say the same We have had two yamaha's one b4 this was a beartracker 250 2x4 utility while it was a nice quad after about two years time for upgrade came. called the local shop they had one in the warehouse in the hunter green we wanted that wasn't put together yet so we said heck ya man. they put it together in about 8 hours.And ur right they are definately fast for a utility. I think that's because of the weight. For a utilitythey arn't heavy at all and designedsportier. In my dad's words it is "as fast as a raped ape".This has never crapped out on me while running. But twice it hasn't started. Once was on an absolutely freezing day after a night outside about -10 degrees. The battery didn't have enough juice and while cranking it flooded. Just hooked up the charger for ten minutes took the plug out and cleaned. And then after six months of being stored it didn't want to start since the battery was low. Which those were both easy fixes and once we got it started it charges the battery up right quick and runs like a champ. Plus almost anything that sits in a cold garage for that long would have a bit of a time starting. And any big bore carburated quad is hard to start in the freezing cold.

Quick Reply: Official: Oil Burners Mug and Truck shot thread