Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My dealer surprised me today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My dealer surprised me today!

Trueflow seem to have a good system having a look at their demo video is quite interesting.

d. Trueflow.com , have a look at their intake systems. There is a video of them demonstrating their foam filters and results of a test between theirs and the "popular" screen filter manufacturer, the guy has some good arguments, have a look let us know what you guys think.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:26 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: DBLR

He said thay have been seeing the a lot of the oil type filters ( K&N type, they did not use there name I did) letting through a lot of dirt and sand, we all know the problems it can cause.
I'm beginning to wonder about that myself. After pulling my silencer ring and seeing just how dirty the fins on the turbo looked it really IS starting to make me wonder if the K&N filter is really doing it's job.

Here's my turbo with the ring removed. You tell me ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42139/392E61D76EE94CD9B8FE0EAB13EF7B6E.jpg[/IMG]
I'm all stock, and pulled my intake off the other day to put the block heater cord on. My turbo looks brand new squeeky cleen. Of coarse I only have 10000 miles on my truck, but it was clean, checked all the inside of the tubes as well, they were clean and dry too. You might want to rethink that filter.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:01 AM
usafr
All Star

When I pulled everything off to remove the ring the other day, it all seemed clean. Its that hearing all the guys talk bad about K&N has me a little worried at this point. The filters been on since April and I've cleaned it once.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

last time I had mine off mine was clean as a whistle... AFE Proguard 7 filter. now pretty plugged. (needs to be cleaned)

Old 10-24-2006, 01:56 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Pulled mine today (afe) squeeky clean.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:13 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

One of the things i can see if here in my part of the woods we have a lot of farm land & gravel roads. Now that harvest is on we get a lot of stuff in the air from the corn, soy fields and grain elevators (I have an elevator five blocks from my house) and this can and will get in to the air filter. So if it 's not oiled correctly stuff will get through. My self I like to have some paper do my filtering and not take any chances. I guess I'm some what from the old school it worked & did it's job on my old 350 Cummins it should work on my 06.

JMO

Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

I only have 10000 miles on my truck, but it was clean,

You might want to rethink that filter.
Yeah, I'm starting to re-think it alright. I have 108,000, so comparied to yours I'm sure it would look a LITTLE different.

I wonder if Drew's filter would fit on the K&N tube? That might just be tge answer huh??

Old 10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
usafr
All Star

Thats what I'm thinkin Mayfair. I'm gonna go shop around soon and find somthing like that. With the K&N setup that I have in now, it gives me plenty of room for a hugemongous filter,, I just have to find one that will fit on the end of the tube.

Quick Reply: My dealer surprised me today!