Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dodge diesel near future?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006 | 01:13 AM
illuminate
Default dodge diesel near future?

I am thinking about selling my car and buying a truck. ever since I saw pinks with the bully dog truck and trucks on spike, I have began to really want a truck. I have only a few questions before I make a decision. is the cummings engine reliable under high boost? and what about propane injection and nitrous? basically I want to know how much I can beat this engine before I have to rebuild it. I have done a pretty good job building my car now I think it's time to move on.

Old 10-25-2006 | 01:33 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: dodge diesel near future?

Welcome to the forum [8D]

Old 10-25-2006 | 04:43 AM
Zeppelinrocks
Veteran

it would be better if you post this in the ctd portion of the ram section

Old 10-25-2006 | 08:33 PM
illuminate

what is the ctd you speak of? I am new here and not keen on the forum areas yet. thanks for the welcome sharx ram

Old 10-25-2006 | 09:01 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude, I think you ARE in the right section !! This IS the diesel section !!

As far as your mods go, I don't have the answers, but be patient. Some of these cats here would put NASA to shame. In the meantime,

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 10-25-2006 | 09:21 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

ahahaha... this post was moved.

Well, I know you can run about 45~50 lbs of boost w/o doing a head stud kit, if you go past that then your looking at a head studing and o ringing to prevent blown head gaskets. here is the place to answer the o-ringing & fire ringing questions...

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/...EngineHead.asp

basiclly it makes the motor more bullet proof. How relieable, I cant answer. but it's the way to go if your really going to bomb your CTD. cant say much for the nitrous or propane, but I have heard that it is one of the last things you'd do to a motor as there are so many other things to squeeze hp/tq out of it.

BTW, welcome to DF.

Old 10-26-2006 | 10:15 AM
Drew
Professional

hmm. . .power output before rebuilding. . .I know a few cats that are pushing over 1200hp

but realy, why do you need giggle gas, yea it helps make the air charge denser, but when you add injectors, turbo's, and a good fueling box you wont need it.

Quick Reply: dodge diesel near future?