Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

noise 06

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
troop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise 06

i brought this up during the silencer ring thing a ma jig and it is still doing it. Whien i took the silencer ring off every time I let off the gas it sounded like my air box if I had one was going to blow apart. It was just when I let off the gas. I put the ring back on that same day and the sound pretty much went away It still does it once in awhile. if your on it hard and then let off it make a noise hard to exlplain but is sounds like in the intake like the turbo is blowing back.
current set up 06 k&n intake BDTD with low end torque setting, areo muffler. like I said Its only done it twice since I put the ring back in but with the ring out it did it every time i let off. Checked all the fitting numerous times on the intake no leaks.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: noise 06

We call that barking. The turbo is still spooled up from being on the throttle, when you let off there is no place for all that air to go except back through the turbo. Pretty much slams the turbo to a stop (extremely hard on the turbo).

Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 AM
usafr
All Star

Yeah, I've had mine do that like twice. I learned reaaaall quick not to slam the throttle and then let off real quick, especially if the turbo is spooled up. If it do get on hard and quick, like when I'm taking off and merging into traffic, I will ease off the throttle to that doesn't happen. I have pretty much the same set up that you have and I haven't heard any strange noise since I removed the silencer ring.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:57 AM
troop
Rookie

with the ring out just a little throttle and letting off like to get the truck moving and I noticed it when I was turning around once that just slight on the throttle and then letting off and about 2 mph it was doing it. I could see being hard on it and then letting off but just feathering it and come to think of it if I flored it and while it was shifting without letting up it did it.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:47 AM
ramspeed
Rookie

Have not had that experince but,when I" mat" it and ease off the accelerator the "BEAST" picks up speed and is flying down the highway.Now thats FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

quad no mods
ctd
4x2
cab high topper

Quick Reply: noise 06