Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Lack Of Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:18 AM
twotrack68
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack Of Problems...

Since I traded my '03 F250 6.0 in about 8 weeks ago, I've been scouring web sites looking for general info about my new Dodge. I think it's pretty amazing that there's really not that many problems with the Dodges compared to the Superdutys. Just for kicks I went to TheDieselStop.com today to look around and all the same problems that were there 3 years ago are still there. Three days before I bought my Dodge, my Ford had a new turbo put on. That was the last straw as far as I was concerned. There's alot that I miss about it but the frequent trips to the shop are not among them. Sure, there's always gonna be issues with any vehicle. I now have just over 4K racked up and when I had 4K on the Ford, it already had a leaking rear main seal & had to be reflashed, plus it was leaning 1 1/2" lower on the drivers side than the passenger side. I really don't know where this post is going but I guess I'm just glad that the frequent trips to the shop seem to now be a thing of the past !
Scott

Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: Lack Of Problems...

I'm right there with ya brother. Got rid of my '04 Ford in July(after having the turbo replaced). Now have 12500 miles on my Dodge and keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. By this time on my Ford I had been reflashed several times and had the trans worked on twice. You gotta love owning a Dodge.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:53 AM
cumminalong

Amen!

Got rid of my '04 SD for this '06.

Got sick and tired dropping money on the truck just to get everything working the way it should have from the factory. Not much wrong warranty wise, just some of the crap components that they used and the quality control that went into it.

Was kinda dissapointed for such a highly touted vehicle.

Can't say it was all bad though. Like any vehicle, they will have their own share of probems.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rich, I can still remember the hell you went through when that kid at the shop decided it would be a good thing to use a sledge hammer to put the trans cross member in. [:'(]

you got a new engine out of that deal.

the main issues I can find with our trucks is: front ball joints are soft, U-joints tend to be weak, all the joints are sealed.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What was that about joints ??

Old 11-15-2006, 04:12 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Leave it to Mayfair to take it and run with it

Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

And when he's not around we sure do miss him [&o]

Old 11-15-2006, 06:18 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew

Rich, I can still remember the hell you went through when that kid at the shop decided it would be a good thing to use a sledge hammer to put the trans cross member in. [:'(]

you got a new engine out of that deal.

the main issues I can find with our trucks is: front ball joints are soft, U-joints tend to be weak, all the joints are sealed.
Hell yeah!

Like I said all along though, it was never the truck from the factory; it was after the moron at the dealership got his hands on it that I started having all the issues. Every one of them related to something they touched.

Runs like a raped ape now.

Quick Reply: Lack Of Problems...