Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

CFM+ intake >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:33 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFM+ intake >>>>

thought I'd post a couple pics of my recently installed CFM intake. I think with any intake it would be a little hard to tell any performance difference. I haven't driven a lot since installing it so, I really can't say if it made a difference.

I do know that the air flow is much smoother and it's heat absorption is less than any metals intakes used so it should keep the air a bit cooler. And.... it just looks pretty cool ;-)

Old 11-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional
Default RE: CFM+ intake >>>>

Vey nice triton,
I have had my eye on one. Are there any fittings that will receive guages on it?

I like the rest of the under hood goodies too.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 AM
triton
Record Breaker

thanks. No, there aren't any ports for fittings on it. It does have the wiring harness bolt and the oil stick mount though.

The guy who designed these told me he heard to many horror stories about people using the ports for propane injection
or methane and blew there exhaust mani-folds and/or intakes completely apart. Since the intake is made from composite
materials, he did want to give that option because he didn't want to deal with warranty issues.

I don't plan on any injection so, ports weren't a problem and I already mounted a banjo bolt on the motor for the boost pressure.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:39 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

hey i posted pics of it a little while.... ima try and buy one even though i have ats one.... so ill update as soon as possible for comparison

Old 11-18-2006, 10:02 PM
triton
Record Breaker

for anyone who may have been interested about how the CFM performed.....What I think I've noticed was....

slightly lower EGT's whilst stumping on it ;-) With the stock intake, I'd easily hit 1250 degrees if I didn't let up. With this intake, the temperature go up a bit slower and it doesn't want to go over 1200 easily.

I think I'm not getting the boost I did with the stock though. I believe it's rising as quick but, I may have lost a 1psi or 2. I've seen my gauge peg 31 almost 32psi before but, it stops dead at 30 now.

I'm still learning about diesels so maybe my findings are nothing? I like the intake and believe it will be a benefit in the long run. I just need to learn more on what to do next to increase my HP. I'm still waiting on Marco for a 07 Smarty update.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional

Thanks triton, keep the info "cummin"

Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

hey man stupid question ive seen the chrome guard for the cooler fins from geno,s garage, but where did you get the square mesh,grid for the front of the truck i have bent fins i plan on fixing and geting chrome sheild but would love to put mesh grid over front to protect fins.

thanks

Old 11-19-2006, 01:38 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

hey man stupid question ive seen the chrome guard for the cooler fins from geno,s garage, but where did you get the square mesh,grid for the front of the truck i have bent fins i plan on fixing and geting chrome sheild but would love to put mesh grid over front to protect fins.

thanks

it came from Geno's also ......... http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KILBYCG

Old 11-19-2006, 01:10 PM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional

if the CFM intake is bigger in dia. you'll probably expect alil drop in boost because if you have a big one you'll have a raise in air flow but drop in pressure...have a smalll dia. you'll have a decrease in air flow but a more psi...it'd be like you blowing threw a straw lots of pressure coming out but not alot of air flow..blow through a 1" pipe you don't have the air pressure but you have better flow..but i don't know if the CFM is bigger just looks it in the pic.

Quick Reply: CFM+ intake >>>>