Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

isb 24valve High Idle???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:48 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: isb 24valve High Idle???

I just flip on the Exhaust brake for faster warm up times.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 PM
jakebrake
Champion

That works for warm up, but not running pto's. I've been looking at a milemarker hydraulic winch

Old 11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
GBWELDING

I saw a fella that used a shifter off of a bicycle mounted to the manual 6 speed shifter, then hooked it up to his throttle inside the cab (just above the peddle) worked and looked pretty slick. He could idle it at any chosen speed and the bike shifter had #'s and detents in it , been thinking of doing it to mine. I'm still looking to find the parts to do the 2WD LO mod first though, so many thoughts and to many voices in my head LOL!

BLACK 02 4*4 SPORT 3500 DUALLY QC, 6 SPEED, LEATHER, SIRRIUS W/GB CUSTOM MOUNT,GB CUSTOM CELL PONE MOUNT,GB CUSTOM CUPHOLDER,BHAF W/ HEATSHIELD,AMSOIL THROUGH OUT INCLUDING BYPASS FILTER W/ GB CUSTOM MOUNT,B&W GOOSE NECK HITCH, FASS2 w/GB CUSTOM MOUNT, AUTOMETER GAUGES,FP,PYRO,BOOST,A PILLAR POD,MBRP S/S 4",EDGE COMP WIRE TAPPED,BOOST ELBOW,BREATHER VENT MOD, JUST STARTING TO SEE THE POSSIBILITIES COMING SOON ?, SB CLUTCH,STICKS, BD EXAUST BRAKE
This post reflects my thoughts & opinions .It does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my horse, my dog ,my truck ,or my computer .All rights reserved .Subject to change without notice .Void where prohibited. No warranties expressed or implied. User assumes all liabilities. Not liable for damages due to misuse. Quality may vary .Keep away from direct sunlight. Other restrictions may apply. Your mileage may vary .If a rash, redness, irritation, or swelling develops, consult your physician "...you sound like one of those people who have been educated well beyond their inteligence. ponder that." - reddman

Old 11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
dtb86001
Professional

I have the TSB 18-004-04 in front of me now. it sayes it is for the 2004 (DR) with the sales code ETC or ETH with engin serial number 57130284 or earlier. Ask the dealer about this TSB and see what they say.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:11 AM
obert

I went to the dealer with a TSB in hand, according to the "authurized modification" decal under my hood it was 18-11-99, and my new ECM p/n is 333036304S, re-flash done on feb. 6 '02. My factory ECM was incapable of the hi idle, so reflash was needed. The '02 probly only needs to have the feature activated.

I dont have the lituratue at hand, but basicly, provided the trans in park if auto, and Park brake set ( I think mine works without the P-brake, it wont cancel when brake released), and speed at 0, the engine will run up to 1200rpm when the IAT see's 35*f, and drop 3 cyls at 15*f. Block heaters, Grid heaters, and dirty IAT's effect the actual ambient temp at which the functon triggers. I can get hi idle if there is frost on the wind shield and i start without "waiting to start". If I use the grid heaters, its gotta be like 25* or less to get the hi idle.

OH, coolant must be below 140* ? to activate, and reverts to normal idle at 160*.

Its a fun trick to have, but its not a pto idle. There is a PTO wire on my truck, I think that contiues thru '02 in some form or another, but PTO needs to be enabled and target rpm set in ECM. Ive herd newer models had the feature enabled, but the speed was set at like 750, or the same as what ever standard idle rpm is for the truck so nothing happens when the wire is powered.

You can build a "dial an idle" to electronicly enduce any given desired rpm, but I sure like the sound of the bicycle shifter mentoned above.

Quick Reply: isb 24valve High Idle???