Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:49 PM
spfd308
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel question

So the wife tells me she's tired of looking at my truck with the puny stock tires and and the gay looking wheels on it. She says i need some bigger tires. I tell her i agree but that i need to lift the truck in order to fit bigger tires under it properly. Suprisingly she tells me to lift it. I tell her the lift is going to run me about a grand and she says no problem there. I then tell her wheels and tires are running extra on top of that. She again says no big deal. I'm thinking she's got something terminal at this point and is going to die shortly with the way she being so care free. I ask her and she says no she just tired of looking at the truck "unfinished". Needless to say i figure i better strike while the irons hot before sense returns to her. Anyway I found a good 5" lift kit for 9 bills so i'm set there. Now for the question that needs answered. I'm trying to find a set of wheels that won't hang out too much. An inch or so not a big deal but i'm not looking for half a tire sticking out. I'm looking at some 35x12.5 for tires. Might even go 37's not sure. I've found a few wheels i like. They have offsets like +10 mm, +25mm, -10 mm etc. what offset or back spacing exactly am i looking for to help keep the tires tucked in underneath the truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Wheel question

ORIGINAL: spfd308

So the wife tells me she's tired of looking at my truck with the puny stock tires and and the gay looking wheels on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Get yourself a private detective and a shrink. Somethings strange in Denmark ...

Old 11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Brent13
Rookie

Does she have a sister???????

Old 11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
spfd308
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: spfd308

So the wife tells me she's tired of looking at my truck with the puny stock tires and and the gay looking wheels on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Get yourself a private detective and a shrink. Somethings strange in Denmark ...

Thought about that but don't want to wreck a good thing like me getting the truck lifted with some new wheels and skins.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
spfd308
Professional

ORIGINAL: Brent13

Does she have a sister???????
No on that. Nothing better than a good woman that'll spend your money on your truck when she decides.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
spankdog

Youre going to need a wheel with a back spacing between 5 and 6 inches if you want to keep the tire tucked. The stock wheels on your truck have a 6.25 backspacing. You could run the stock wheel but you will most likely have some slight rubbing on the control arms. There arent many after market wheels with the back spacing you need. Believe me, I've looked. I ended up getting some chrome Hummer H2 wheels because they have the exact back spacing I was looking for. Pro Comp makes a pretty bad @ss wheel called the US Stryker with a 6 inch back space but its a little spendy. Centerline is another one to check out. If you check out klmperformance.com they have the Centerline wheels they recomend when running 35s with the 3" KORE suspension.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM
spfd308
Professional

thanks for the info spankdog. i'll check out the website.

Quick Reply: Wheel question