Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Damn It!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:25 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Damn It!

Damn it!

Happened again this morning.

This time it was the friggin battery temp code.

Brought it in, mine didn't need the re-flash, needs a new sensor.

Well, it's back to an avg of less than 1000 miles per visit. I'm at 7300 miles and it's had 9 trips to the dealer.

Nice! [sm=bs.gif]

Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

that sucks, hopefully this will be the last trip

Old 11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

that sucks, hopefully this will be the last trip
Haha!

That's what I said to the service advisor 2 days ago. Ha!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:11 AM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional

i'll releave you of your frustrations...give me the truck....

Old 12-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dodgedakotacrazy

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

bad injectors are nothing new on these HPCR engines. either the solenoid goes out or a piece of trash the filter didnt catch jams the plunger in the injector.

I'm waiting for mine to go out to give me an excuse to get some aftermarket. my truck just ticked over 36,000 on my way to a golf game duering thanksgiving.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:25 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew

bad injectors are nothing new on these HPCR engines. either the solenoid goes out or a piece of trash the filter didnt catch jams the plunger in the injector.

I'm waiting for mine to go out to give me an excuse to get some aftermarket. my truck just ticked over 36,000 on my way to a golf game duering thanksgiving.
Oh understandable..absolutely. Parts go bad, crap happens. Excuses **** ME OFF.

What burned my *** was when the guy tries to say that it must be my winch wirining that is throwing codes. HELLO, genius boy! It's a direct connect to the battery from a solenoid that is completely seperate from any sensor what so ever. And what's funnier is that winch wasn't even plugged in. It's on the multi mount setup and I don't plug it in unless I'm actually using it, just to be safe.

I almost was gonna unwire everything before I brought it in, because I KNEW, I KNEW they would come up with some lame *** crap like that. That's what I was doing when I had all the other problems. Getting a little sick of undoing stuff just to avoid the friggin dealership runaround, let's blame the owner crap.

If you can't definitively tell me that something I did jacked something up, don't come to me with that crap. You're just gonna get an *** full of teeth.

Must have been the incredible draw of the winch that fudged up the injector.

Okay, back to enjoying my lunch.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:27 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: dodgedakotacrazy

Haha!

I wouldn't do that to ya brother!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rich, I just got back from being an inspector for a COMET inspection(COmmand Maintenance Evaluation Team) and I got more insane excuses this week as to why the unit's I went to looked like crap and failed the inspection than I ever have.

the Co for the unit was in the outbrief yesterday and I told him straight up his commo section is jacked and has serious issues. he told me there isnt enough time to do proper PMCS on the equipment. . .me, an E-5 (WG-11-2 on the civilian side) told an O-3 that's the wrong answer. the look on his face was priceless

Old 12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, what are you doing back already? I thought you were going to be gone all week?

Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew

Rich, I just got back from being an inspector for a COMET inspection(COmmand Maintenance Evaluation Team) and I got more insane excuses this week as to why the unit's I went to looked like crap and failed the inspection than I ever have.

the Co for the unit was in the outbrief yesterday and I told him straight up his commo section is jacked and has serious issues. he told me there isnt enough time to do proper PMCS on the equipment. . .me, an E-5 (WG-11-2 on the civilian side) told an O-3 that's the wrong answer. the look on his face was priceless
Brother, that's what I've been doing for the last 2 months here.

Whenever a unit has change of command, they get inspected within 90 days and then again at 1 year. I have 5 battalions that fit into that category with the last 2 months.

Pretty much get the same thing. I try to be user friendly to most of them, but the excuses kill me.

It's a riot how you can just pick up the records and as soon as you open it you run into outdated stuff.

I hate QC stuff. I look at it like this; I don't question methods, I question results. If you're getting results and no one is getting hurt and no laws are being broken, who cares how it gets done.

Quick Reply: Damn It!