Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What's your next mod?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
kingdog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's your next mod?

I have a cap on order for mine, and from there, ??

Ok I am waiting for some one ( EDGE ) to come out with a box that will work on my 07 with the 5.9( I just want a little bit more) and then a deep dish pan for the RE48 , thinking about doing a larger fuel tank ( 50 or so gallons). Still gonna black out the windows , oh yea most important PERMA SHINE it.

Ralph

Old 11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

33s and new rims? maybe

CAI

a new wife

The possibilities are endless

Old 11-30-2006, 11:37 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well let's see, I'm going to put a muffler delete pipe in, I'm going to add a torque tube and would luv a Arc intake like Steve has, Speaking of that, Steve - Was it worth the $ as far as the intake goes? Would you buy it again knowing what you do know about it? I have read alott of good things about it, It is priceeeee to me, But if it does the job I would like to get one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

ORIGINAL: htgriffith

Well let's see, I'm going to put a muffler delete pipe in, I'm going to add a torque tube and would luv a Arc intake like Steve has, Speaking of that, Steve - Was it worth the $ as far as the intake goes? Would you buy it again knowing what you do know about it? I have read alott of good things about it, It is priceeeee to me, But if it does the job I would like to get one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
If I had to start over again, AFE Stage2 maybe without the proguard filter since it drops mileage so much (runs sweet up top though so it's a trade off), ATS intake, and the aero 4040. the magnaflow is fluff when you have the aero in front of it. As for a box, the edge gave me better mileage #'s than the TST for the most part so the box would really be dependent on what you want from your truck.

my ATS... worth every penny to me.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

After being here I have a TON of mods that I'd like to do, but I'm going to start with the FAAS lift pump. then the trans pan, and after that prob some differential pans. Probably some gauges in there somewhere as well.

You guy's are killin me ...
Hey what about those nifty over the cab lights? You know the little orange ones....

Old 11-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: dtb86001

has anyone tried the roll up bed covers. I would like to get something that will keep the luggage dry on long trips and then roll up or something when we haul the quads to the dunes.
Are you talking about the garage door type? Kinda like a roll top desk? They DO look cool, however I was talked out of them by a dealer. and what he said kinda made sense if you live in a cold area. He said that thery work great until it snows or ices up. Then the ice forms in between each groove and then it becomes impossible to roll up. Not a big deal I guess unless you use your bed area a lot ( or at all ) in the winter. Even if it rains and then becomes cold enough to ice up at night, same thing.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: MrSlug

Hey what about those nifty over the cab lights? You know the little orange ones....
On my list, but not as high as the others. If I decide to mount gauges in my A pillar, I'll do it then. I AM a little nervous about wiring them up though for some reason. I dunno ... I'm weird.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: MrSlug

On my list, but not as high as the others. If I decide to mount gauges in my A pillar, I'll do it then. I AM a little nervous about wiring them up though for some reason. I dunno ... I'm weird.

yeah your wierd alright, just do it!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:55 PM
cumminalong

The only thing on it now is my winch, GPS, and heater cord.

Once I can keep it out of the shop......

1 - Gauges

2 - Aero 4040XL

3 - Gooseneck hitch

4 - New GN to tow my Sami and ATV's

5 - Maybe, maybe an Edge EZ.

Nothing too serious, I value my warranty too much.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Nothing too serious, I value my warranty too much.
LOL ... with the experiences your having, I wouldn't do a damn thing !!