Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Block Heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Block Heater

I dunno, based on this pic I don't think one has anything to do wwith the other. I think Diesel demon is onto something though. He said that the heat radiating from the heater probably is just warm enough to warm the air going into the intake thus no wait to start light.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Dodge This
Professional

I was told that the block heater is not connected to any electrical system. I had several CEL after I installed my heater cord. But that was the same time the temp. started to dropp at night. The dealer reprogramed the ECM and no light since. Hope this helps.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 12-09-2006, 01:32 PM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I dunno, based on this pic I don't think one has anything to do wwith the other. I think Diesel demon is onto something though. He said that the heat radiating from the heater probably is just warm enough to warm the air going into the intake thus no wait to start light.

I bet the ECM is also measuring the coolant temperature and thinks the engine is already warm and decides it doesnt need to do much warm up.

Quick Reply: Block Heater