Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Time to upgrade to a Mega Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006 | 02:11 AM
chukar
|
Rookie
Default Time to upgrade to a Mega Cab!

Well I bought my 2006 CTD 4x4 QC in October. Now my wife, and even when we bought it, wants a Mega Cab. Can those of you who have one, or those who have looked at them, tell me if all Mega Cabs have the 4x4 **** on the dash? Or are there some that actually have the 4x4 shifter?

Hey I don't have a problem if the wife says you need a mega cab but all the ones I have looked at online have the 4x4 **** on the dash. In my mind I don't think they are as reliable in the long term, but then again I never had any problem with the **** in my old Ford. (I know I said the F word, but I have made the switch so take it easy on the new guy)

Besides, it is one less electronic thing that could potentially go wrong in the end.

On that note, anyone know someone looking for a lightly used 2006 CTD? Not sure what I would try and sell it for, but it books around 34k.

Old 12-06-2006 | 02:24 AM
Local Yokel
Professional
Default RE: Time to upgrade to a Mega Cab!

I have the MegaCab with the **** and I actually prefer it over the shifter. I have 4 kids plus the GF and I and we need all the seat room we can get ...

Old 12-06-2006 | 02:35 AM
chukar
|
Rookie

I suppose that the seat room is needed in some cases. We are at 2 kids and sure aren't planning any more. Besides, I am looking for one in a 6 speed so if the MC are anything like the QC in the front seat, there isn't much room for someone in the middle of the front seat anyhow.

I guess it is just personal preference. It is really unfortunate that Dodge didn't make the MC with an 8 ft bed. I know they took that space and put it inside, but I am sure there would be a market for a long bed MC. I like the room in the Fords and Chevy's, but haven't known too many people with great experiences with the PS or Duramax. Then if every manufacture is going to change engines in 2007, at least to my understanding, there is sure to be a lag with working out the bugs.

Old 12-06-2006 | 03:10 AM
Local Yokel
Professional

I hear ya with the 2 kids. I love having the room with the MegaCab, and I rarely need anthing more than a 6 foot bed. This truck is perfect for me. Sounds like you know what you need

Old 12-06-2006 | 06:03 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

I have 4 kids plus the GF and I and we need all the seat room we can get ...
You don't need a Megacab, you need a SCHOOLBUS !!

Old 12-06-2006 | 09:29 AM
spfd308
Professional

My Megacab has the switch on the dash and I've had no problems with it at all up to date. As far as an 8 ft bed goes with the megacab, I heard that Dodge was making the beast. They just needed to come out with a hole new frame that was long enough. Don't remember where I saw it might have been a diesel magazine. I'm sure someone will chime in about an 8 ft bed megacab.

Old 12-06-2006 | 10:22 AM
Drew
Professional

the 8 foot bed mega does exist, you just have to get a chop shop to do it.

the only reason that I know of as to why the mega's with the 8 foot bed do not exist is there is a tight turn in the factory and the current frame the mega sits on just squeeks by.

Quick Reply: Time to upgrade to a Mega Cab!