Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My Cap will be here and installed Friday

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006 | 03:44 PM
kingdog
|
Professional
Default My Cap will be here and installed Friday

After 3 weeks of waiting for them to paint and deliver my new cap , it will be here and installed on Friday, they will also be replacing my brush/grill guard as the original Westin was damaged during transit. So when that is all done, I will just be waiting for the Edge for the 2007's and will be installing a deeper pan at first transmision service and a heavy duty cooler with temp activated fan. then it will be all done.

Ralph

Old 12-06-2006 | 04:33 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: My Cap will be here and installed Friday

ORIGINAL: kingdog
. . . then it will be all done.

Ralph

I HIGHLY doubt that

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:01 PM
kingdog
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: Drew

ORIGINAL: kingdog
. . . then it will be all done.

Ralph

I HIGHLY doubt that
Ok, ok I was thinking of injectors and FASS, but I do NOT want to put to much power through the all stock transmision.
I have to get stuff done with out her knowing from now on for awhile LOL

Ralph

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:33 PM
Drew
Professional

injectors are a good thing since it is a mechanical piece. you generaly have an increase in mileage and driveability with some slightly larger sticks.

Old 12-06-2006 | 06:04 PM
kingdog
|
Professional

injectors are a good thing since it is a mechanical piece. you generaly have an increase in mileage and driveability with some slightly larger sticks.
Now here we go, you have set me up for a possible "STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY " response !!!!

Drew
Do you think I should forget the EDGE and go with just the injectors ( should give me my 40- 50 hp and appropriate torque gains) ( I base this on my experiance with my 02 and the differance the the injectors made to milage an power). Also you have to keep in mind, that I don't wish to do any transmission work except the additional cooler if required.

Thanks Ralph

Old 12-06-2006 | 07:00 PM
Drew
Professional

as long as you stay under 75hp the 48RE will do fine. a valve body will help firm up the shifts if you feel you need it.

so if your loking at a set of 50hp sticks you can toss them in and not worry.

now, with that said, lets say hypotheticaly if you run into any problems with the tranny, haveing the injectors installed the dealer wont even know and most likely toss in a new tranny should it go out (doubtfull at that level), but the dealer will see the edge box and so goes your warranty.

it is a good question. since the injectors will run you alot more than a performance box. however the injectors will make consistant power, the box might have programming issues.

Old 12-06-2006 | 07:29 PM
kingdog
|
Professional

as long as you stay under 75hp the 48RE will do fine. a valve body will help firm up the shifts if you feel you need it.

so if your loking at a set of 50hp sticks you can toss them in and not worry.

now, with that said, lets say hypotheticaly if you run into any problems with the tranny, haveing the injectors installed the dealer wont even know and most likely toss in a new tranny should it go out (doubtfull at that level), but the dealer will see the edge box and so goes your warranty.

it is a good question. since the injectors will run you alot more than a performance box. however the injectors will make consistant power, the box might have programming issues.
YES, YES, we are on the same page, re power , warranty ect.. ..

it sounds like the injectors WOULD be the better way, my only problem on my 02 and the injectors I did on it was the SMOKE, ( I know that I am in the minority here but I prefer minimal smoke and the did my 02 ever smoke at lower rpm, before she would spool up)
SO I hope they would not cause the same problems with my 2007

Ralph

Old 12-06-2006 | 07:44 PM
Drew
Professional

from what I have seen, the bigger sticks do not smoke any more than the stock ones. and the amount of fuel that is being injected has not changed, only the spray pattern to achieve a better burn rate.

Quick Reply: My Cap will be here and installed Friday