Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

g56 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006 | 11:03 PM
dixiedodge7369
|
Professional
Default g56 upgrades

i have a 2006 2500 cummins 6 speed g56 as i start upping the power on her how will the stocky 6 speed take me.. i knw the clutch will deff need to be upgraded! ( any suggestions???) i have now cold air and exhaust. i plan on a edge juice with attitude, better injectors, water meth injection head gaskets and studs, and maybe one day a bi turbo just cuz it looks cool!!! but yea i will also be getting 5-6 inch lift 35-37 tires which will ad some strain also front and rear arb air locks which will alos add some strain.. will the g56 hold???
are there any upgrade parts for internals onthe tranny? what about shifters this thing shifts pretty hard i wonder if an aftermarket shifter would help??? anyone upgrade there manuals??

Old 12-07-2006 | 11:08 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: g56 upgrades

I haven't heard of any upgrades/ aftermarket products yet, there are some people out there using them in sled pulls though. I don't know if they beefed up the internals or not.

Old 12-08-2006 | 10:58 AM
Drew
Professional

there are currently no aftermarket shifters for the G56, but good news on the clutch. If you want the BEST clutch for your truck look at South Bend Clutches. they have some very streetable dual disks, however you will have to upgrade the hydrolics for this. they also make kits to get rid of the DMF.

if you want all out raw power look at a TST box. especialy if you want twins in the future. the edge will not be able to spin up both turbos where as the TST box has two different programmings written for twins.

from what I have read about the G56 it is holding up well to some serious power. but I'm still skeptical to it true longevity.

Old 12-09-2006 | 04:23 PM
dixiedodge7369
|
Professional

yea i really wanna get rid of the dual mass i dont like it what so ever.... Im a vw tech and anything 99 and newer has dual mass and there junk.... good ole solid flywheels for me..
does the TST work like the edge where you can shift the settings on the fly??? cuz i wanna be able to have it set to a lower setting to kick upmy mpg's then at the flip of the switch turn her up and pour black smoke everywhere and smoke some sad soul next to me... the twins is a far far away dream i think it would be super cool but im still thinking... im not looking to make my truck some crazy racecar i just love having lots of power but im also looking for reliabilty...i want this to be my LAST truck and im 22 sooo shell be mine for some time to come... that dual disc looks saweeet as soon as she wears out... i know u said you have 30,000 roughlyon your truck and the clutch hows it doing??? how long do they usually last??? the only upgrades ive seen for the g56 is those coolers that mount to the PTO/inspection covers... but thats it...

Quick Reply: g56 upgrades