Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drew's Mad at Me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drew's Mad at Me!

Sorry, I got to peeing in a Hemi guys Wheaties.

Oooops!

Old 12-08-2006, 04:21 PM
MrSlug
Veteran
Default RE: Drew's Mad at Me!

Snuh?

Old 12-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's alright man. . .it was getting a bit heated between the two of you. . .and I have seen in the past you put that Drill Sgt. hat on. . .

Old 12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
cumminalong

Heck, I was being nice!

Old 12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

This thread got my curiousity going, so I read the thread-in-question...WOW! Besides learning various things in this forum, we get entertained also!
My two cents - I've had two 1500 gassers, and two 2500 diesels - and although some would say it's overkill to use the diesels for daily, non-workhorse, stuff - I like the added margin of durability since I HATE (no offense guys) to go to dealers or shops to spend my precious time having something repaired (I'd rather spend it on this forum!...maybe that's why the local dealer has a computer I can sign onto in the waiting room to check the forum???). Yes, maybe we don't have to have the margin, but if you can afford it, why not? Better than spending the cash on wine, women, and song (unless it's the wife - I have to put that disclaimer in).

Old 12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
cumminalong

It's like I was saying from the very get go; I HAD a V10 gas. After drvining the CTD, that puppy was gone. And believe me, Ford's V10 is no slouch when you step on it. But, it doesn't have the grunt of a diesel.

Same thing with the Hemi. It has it's place, but I think it's better suited to the Magnum's, Charger's, etc. It's a race car motor, not a truck motor.

At work last week, I had to move some 9K lb concrete barriers. I tried moving them with out front end loader; no dice. So I said screw it, go get the truck. Hooked ole girl up to the barriers and dead dragged those things into place. GRUNT!

I don't know......I got this whole image in my head of the Hemi guys, always have. It always seems to be the same kinda crowd. Buy into the media "Hemi Hype" and fall for the HP crap. It funny to try and explain to folks that HP is a made up number from a multiple of torque and RPM. The ONLY reason a Hemi is advertised as having more HP than a CTD is the usable RPM range. Torque is the important number, but hey, you can't explain that to some folks.

I offered him to put his money where his mouth was. Even offered to pay for a run on the track and a tank of gas to get him there. Hell, that's a free fun run. But, he'd rather just run off about his Reg Cab 1500 Hemi and how it sits in the garage and he'd rather drive his.................Neon.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:28 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I'm glad to see someone put him in his place. I hate to see people hung up on I got a Hemi and I can't lose to a diesel. Keep up the Good Work [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Drew's Mad at Me!