Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I AM THE HAPPIEST 18 YEAR OLD ON THE PLANET

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM THE HAPPIEST 18 YEAR OLD ON THE PLANET

I just got in the mail my acceptance to the college that i was hoping for. Anyone who lives in the pa area proably knows the college It's Franklin and Marshall college. Its a private Liberal Arts college with one of the best premed programs in the country which is my major. AND I GOT A 22 THOUSAND DOLLAR PER YEAR SCHOLARSHIP HALLELUAH. Now to the best part. My college costs are taken care of now time to get what makes it all worth it soooooooooooooooo much. Been talking with the parents hopefully in the next few weeks i will be ordering a dodge ram 2500 qc sb CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL SIX SPEED MANUAL. Not sure on the subgroup yet. might get a laramie j pkg probably won't get the h package. But then i might want the trx4 off road model or if we can't get a good deal then probably the SLT. but who cares i'm getting a mother freakkking diesel. OMG I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY. My neighbors are going to hate me. I already have my first mod planned out. Dual stacks with the aero turbine. I wanna this truck to scream badass. And what better way than to put stacks on the beast.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:21 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: I AM THE HAPPIEST 18 YEAR OLD ON THE PLANET

Congrats!!!! Good job.

We're all proud of you [8D]

Old 12-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I feel bad for bragging but dude i seriosly when i opened teh letter i just sat down like right on the floor just sat down. I had no idea what to do. I still am in like this euphoric state. No longer will i be driving a 4 banger jeep getting 16 mpg but a 5.9L CUMMINS turbo diesel that will get 18-20 mpg. well i just don't seem to see a downside at all.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats something to be proud of! enjoy it, once you start thats when the work begins, so kick back and brag all you want, youve earned it!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:00 PM
triton
Record Breaker

Wow.... it's not every day your kid can come home and say.... "you don't have to pay for college" !
Congrats on one hell of an achievement.

18 and sporting a big bad CTD. Good for you and if your parents go for it....
you've obviously proved something to them. Don't mess that up !!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Ty i am definately enjoying it. I know that with college i won't be able to go hog wild on this truck but most def when i'm out of college and i'm an orthopedic surgeon or anesthesiologist then i will be able to maybe make a truck as badass as urs and tritons.
I think one of the reasons other than the college that they are ok with getting such a big thing for me is they see how good i care for my jeep now. Every week I wash it and wax it every other or as it needs. Also i wash out the inside and then i get under with a scrubby and bucket and scrub off the bottom for all the mud and dirt. anyone in pa can vouch that the salt they put on roads is hell on a car escpecially if you don't take care of it.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Bucky
Rookie

Congrats! You get to go to school for free and a free truck. Your parents are smart, since they aren't going to spend money on college, they can afford to buy a truck. A guy I know got an SRT-10 that way, with a football scholarship. Man, I wish I hadn't pissed away high school... (I didn't flunk, it's just a 3.5 GPA isn't good enough for a scholarship)

Anyway, congrats!

Old 12-16-2006, 01:26 AM
usafr
All Star

good job,, be proud of it. whatever u do,,, work hard and don't lose it. some of us had to join the military to go to college.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:38 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: usafr

good job,, be proud of it. whatever u do,,, work hard and don't lose it. some of us had to join the military to go to college.
And some of us just joined because it's what we wanted to do. RLTW!

Congrats bud! You work your **** off and it pays off in the end.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:01 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

congrats ben. im doing almost the same thing as you and deffinately not on the same level as you. i go to community college and my parents pay for it. so thats my scholarship. but i also work my ***** off. other than school i pay for everything i own. i work 2 jobs. im at work for ups by 245 and then im off to class at 9 and out by 12 and by 1 im at my other job till 530 then back to school from 6-9 and then sleep and repeat. so as u see i work crazy days. but ive been doing this crazy schedule for a year now and i have my toys (a 2004 yamaha yz250f dirtbike and a 2006 seadoo gti se jetski) and i thought it was time to get something else to be proud of and now i have my cummins 03 cummins. coudlnt ask for a better truck. and i absolutly love it cuz i can brag and say look at my schedule i work a hell of a lot more than most ppl and im going to school and look what i get to drive around in. some ppl dont like bragging but ya know what im damn proud of what i have (its all out on loans but thats besides the fact) and im gunna brag about it because im 19 and i have alot more than most 19 yr olds and its all on my own. my parents do toss me their card to fill up once in a while and $20 here and there but they do it cuz they see how i work and they r proud of me too. so basically all im saying is keep workin dont give up and be proud of what you have because its all on ur own and uve earned it

...i didnt mean to go off on me...lol...i was just typin away

Quick Reply: I AM THE HAPPIEST 18 YEAR OLD ON THE PLANET