Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

performance mods have started ... care to help ? ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Brent13
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: performance mods have started ... care to help ? ...

And always a wise ***. And same as the lift pump?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock CP3 and the stock injectors can handle 500hp no problem. you problems occur with the stock lift pump and the turbo. once you go above 100hp you need to change the both out. and if your wanting 500hp you would be better off just dropping the tank and yanking out the stock pump, installing a big line kit and the tank bypass so you can get 5 more gallons of fuel without the foaming

BTW, Jeff Garmon's shop is just down the road from where I work

Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew

the stock CP3 and the stock injectors can handle 500hp no problem. you problems occur with the stock lift pump and the turbo. once you go above 100hp you need to change the both out. and if your wanting 500hp you would be better off just dropping the tank and yanking out the stock pump, installing a big line kit and the tank bypass so you can get 5 more gallons of fuel without the foaming

BTW, Jeff Garmon's shop is just down the road from where I work
Thanks Drew.... just what I was wondering. I do plan on the GFS-392 ( comp ) w/ the big line kit very soon as it's one of the cheaper upgrades I can start on at the moment. The FASS system from what I've been reading if very loud and these CTD's are loud enough as it is.

I'm 3 hrs from Jeff but, it's the closets I can find to me for someone with good experience. Hope he won't mind a little ignorance on my part with these CTD's. :-)

Old 12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Drew
Professional

he wont do you wrong

also if you have any more custom work that you want done theres another shop just up the road from him, Turbo's, he's good with lift kits, air bags, and fabs up a mean bumper

Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Drew
Professional

Jeff wont do you wrong

and if you have any more suspension work, or want some air bags check out Turbo's. he's just up the road from Jeff at the entrance of the industrial park you turn into. he also fabs up some mean bumpers, ladder bars and other stuff.

Quick Reply: performance mods have started ... care to help ? ...