Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006 | 03:17 AM
BrokenE
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

Hello fellas,

Just a few minutes ago, I was getting ready to pull onto on on-ramp. There was a car comming, so I nailed it...I had a short distance in which I had to get up to speed. I'd say I went about 85-90% WOT, but almost as soon as I did, the engine hick-uped a couple of times (check engine light comes on at this point). So i back off of it to about 50%. Everything was OK, then. CEL stayed on, engine ran fine the rest to of the time. I did't try to repeat the scenario, though.

I have about 600 miles on it now. Was being very careful with break-in, never took it above 65 for extended periods, etc, etc. Engine oil level was OK, although I have not checked the tranny oil level, but I doubt this had anything to do with it. Fuel level was a little less than 1/4.

Any ideas on what might cause this??? I'll be picking up my floor mats tomorrow, so I guess it's a good time to get the first oil change and get it checked out too.

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2006 | 03:23 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Check Engine Light

why even stree over it its under warranty

Old 12-22-2006 | 12:21 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell us what the code is. I bet it's something minor.

Old 12-23-2006 | 04:39 PM
bnc

My guess is that you bumped the over bust trigger when you punched it. I have the Edge Juce/attitude and the nice think is the warning that goes off when you get near that over boost point.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light