Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

who here has a boat???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default who here has a boat???

what do you have and how often do you use it?

looking into buying a 24' four winns cruiser that sleeps 4 and was curious who else here has one... (a boat that is, not necessarilly a four winns).

Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who here has a boat???

I have one.... and during the summer I spend every chance I can on it.

Nothing like with you have in mind though. It's a 21' Triton bass boat so, there no sleeping on it. Can't catch any fish that way

Don't know if you've had a boat before but, they're a big job with the up keep, filling up the gas tank
and repairs can be expensive. Other than that though...... there's nothing like being out on the water !!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

boat - bot : a hole in the water surrounded by wood and fiberglass into which one pours money.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:20 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boat - bot : a hole in the water surrounded by wood and fiberglass into which one pours money.
I heard a saying once
You'll be happy with a boat for 2 days, the day you bought and the day you sell it!!...but I say go for it.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:05 AM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional

we had a boat...it was fun water sking but then we built a house and it had to go......i miss the good ol days...it was fun...but killed the pocket at teh pump.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I say get a friend who owns a boat

Old 12-21-2006, 12:36 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

I've always had boats since I was 17... my 1st was a little 14' traveler with a 65 hp merc on the back. the thinking here is to get one that we can spend nights on, has sink stove & toilet. Where we live there is the Sacramento Delta, 1000 miles of waterways. Stripers & salmon run thru here as well as sturgeon. heck now that I think of it, so do steelhead. I agree that maint is expensive & overall use is not cheep, just wanted to hear some feedback from owners...

thanks...

Old 12-21-2006, 01:17 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a 19' renken open bow runabout with 140hp merc i/o. had it about 10 years. i live only 10 miles from a BIG lake. used it a lot first year, a few times second year, couple of times 3rd year. sitting in back yard last several years. hasn't been cranked in i don't know when.....
currently have 2 canoes i got last year and used several times.... is there a pattern here ?
boats are fun for awhile, then you get sort of tired of the work and expense of using them.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

I don't personally own a boat, I own a couple PWC's, but my parents do and we have always owned one while I was growin up. We lived on a lake and my grandpa had a cabin so I have been in and around boats my whole life. Many a memories growing up involving a boat. I do agree, they can be spendy, but the memories made while on the water are definitly priceless.

On a side note, my parents own a 2000 Mastercraft X-Star with the wake board tower, 330 hp northstar motor. The boat absolutly rips. I just wish they owned it while I was still in high school.

I say go for the boat, you won't regret it

Old 12-21-2006, 04:47 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

What price to put on fun? I had a ski boat for about 12 years, and got way more'n my money's worth out of it. But eventually got tired of the hassles, and got PWCs instead - much easier to launch and manuever, and I didn't have to cart everyone else around. (they got their own PWCs too) Actually thinking now of going back to a boat - miss the ability to lie down and soak up the sun while adrift...(was a big Delta rat - Tower was my home-away-from-home for a decade)

Quick Reply: who here has a boat???