Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Finally got time to post my new CTD

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Local Yokel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got time to post my new CTD

Nice set-up! Its nice to see a fellow camper on the boards. I pulled my camper for the first time right before winter without the stabilizers and noticed the same thing, it always felt totally safe back there. Of course i will be getting the equalizer bars just to be safe but its nice to know that I felt safe without. Here's a pic of our set-up, bought it used just to see if the Fiance' and the kids were going to like camping. I know I do but this was new to them.

My girl, my truck, and the camper in the background:

Our second outing, first with the dogs:

Old 12-23-2006, 11:09 PM
reed
Veteran

Nice truck, I can't wait to get a camper, hopefully in the spring.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

Nice set-up! Its nice to see a fellow camper on the boards. I pulled my camper for the first time right before winter without the stabilizers and noticed the same thing, it always felt totally safe back there. Of course i will be getting the equalizer bars just to be safe but its nice to know that I felt safe without. Here's a pic of our set-up, bought it used just to see if the Fiance' and the kids were going to like camping. I know I do but this was new to them.

My girl, my truck, and the camper in the background:

Our second outing, first with the dogs:

Sweet truck. You could be pulling a camper twice that size. I know what you mean about the stabilizer/wt distribution bars...as you can probably see from my pic, I have the wt distribution set up, but the hitch was set up for my Jeep Commander which, believe it or not, has the receiver about 3 inches higher off the ground than the receiver hitch on my truck. So the Reese set-up is too low when I put in on the truck, and I need some 1 1/4 inch ratchets and way too much torque to get the bolts off the hitch mount so I can raise it up to where it needs to be for the truck. Will get that done before any long trips, but with the set up I have now it still feels better than the full Reese system when pulling with the Jeep.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

countrydoc, I don't know if it is state specific or nation wide, but it is illegal to pull more than 5K with out distributing hitch. Also most of the reciever hitches are rated only at 5K for load bearing, then to a higher weight for distributing set up. Just FYI.

I am a camping nut too. I need to resize my pics so I can upload them. But I have a 28 foot Pilgrim bunk house super slide. This is our second camper, and the kids and wife love it. We weekend at the local lake March 1st - November 30th, and usually do a week or two at Myrtle Beach every year.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:17 AM
GREYGHOST21
Rookie

How do you put pics on? I want to show my rig. I am a fellow camper

Old 12-24-2006, 03:34 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Thanks for the reply,One thing that freeked me out was you pay a exise tax every year on your vehicles, a percentage of the assesed value ,here in wa state its $75 for tabs ,but i have disabled veteran platesso i paynothing. So going from free to $3000 a year to register my truck dont sound to good but if things are cheaper then it would be ok.I know from what ive read the sales tax rate is alot less and if they have the low crime and realy good schools then i think i would be willing two pay more. Again thanks for the info. will be planing a trip out ther to check the place out.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:24 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: GREYGHOST21

How do you put pics on? I want to show my rig. I am a fellow camper
http://www.resize2mail.com/
Go to this website and "shrink" your picture files. It's easy, but takes a while cuz you can only do one at a time. You have to get them under 50KB (I think, maybe it's 20) to post them. Then when you are posting just hit the Add Image tab and it will find your picture file(s) and upload them to the post.
What I don't know is how you get big pictures posted the way Local Yokel did.
Looking forward to seeing your set-up.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:42 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

Thanks for the reply,One thing that freeked me out was you pay a exise tax every year on your vehicles, a percentage of the assesed value ,here in wa state its $75 for tabs ,but i have disabled veteran platesso i paynothing. So going from free to $3000 a year to register my truck dont sound to good but if things are cheaper then it would be ok.I know from what ive read the sales tax rate is alot less and if they have the low crime and realy good schools then i think i would be willing two pay more. Again thanks for the info. will be planing a trip out ther to check the place out.
I just registered my truck and it was about $500. Then you get to deduct that from federal taxes so I'll get about 1/3 of it back. I don't know what the value of your truck is, but I can't imagine it will be that much to register it. Also, you may want to check out the DMV website to see if they have a similar deal for disabled veterans in Maine. Sales tax is about 5%. Crime is very low. Schools are better than average for the country, but vary depending on where you live. Still, if you live in a rural area the schools are small enough that you can really get to know the teachers and the other kids and parents, and that helps a lot.
The other thing for you to think about as a disabled veteran is that the VA is pretty spread out. I have many veterans in my practice who have to use me as their primary care physician because there is no VA clinic nearby. They usually have to travel some distance once a year to see their VA doctor and keep their medical benefits and get their prescriptions supplied through the VA.

If there is anything I could do to help you out let me know...

Old 12-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Local Yokel
Professional

Hmmm maybe we need to get a group of us together and go camping somewhere this summer!

Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice truck Doc! you have to post up some pics when it's clean so we can see what color it is... [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Quick Reply: Finally got time to post my new CTD