Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Finally got time to post my new CTD

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:50 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got time to post my new CTD

Ten days ago I took delivery of my first CTD: a 2005 Ram 3500 RWD dualie with the HO CTD and the 6sp manual trans, all stock but for me it's the most powerful truck I've ever had. Took it out for a run on the highway last weekend to visit my dad who is rehabing a new knee, it cruised very sweetly, purring along at 2200 rpm at 75 mph and giving that fine little hum of the turbo when I stepped on it to pass whoever I felt like passing. Took it out today for it's first real pull on the 28 ft trailer. Turns out that I wasted a bunch of money on a Reese stabilizer bar system, cuz with a simple reciever hitch and ball the 6500 lbs of trailer felt like it was in the palm of my hand. I was tempted to pass people who were sticking to the speed limit on the local roads around here, but I figured I would keep it under 70 with the trailer on for its first shakedown cruise.
This truck is made to pull and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to all the regulars here who helped guide me through the process of choosing a truck. This is a great forum and a great group of people. Happy Holidays to all.

Next I need advice on modifications....

[IMG]local://upfiles/49075/F743F3137AA3411C95FE346EAF07AC92.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49075/3E276E3B17C64D68B1DB94C2FDE4DB83.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49075/0A5CC8E482A34B77AB7EAC56D7CDDDD9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49075/4AE5B207C753439BBCE1992BD1854E9D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-23-2006, 12:55 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: Finally got time to post my new CTD

Nice looking truck!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:10 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

Nice looking truck!
Thanks. You should see it when it's clean. Can't believe I've only owned it for 11 days and it's already so dirty. That's life in Maine.

Old 12-23-2006, 02:15 AM
usafr
All Star

nice lookin truck. I gave up on trying to keep mine clean,, its winter in louisiana, and I live out in the sticks,,, i'll try again in the spring.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:14 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats why I love Az! Except for today when it rained all day [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 12-23-2006, 04:58 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

NICE!! i like the black but from experiance it is a pain to keep clean. Hey doc whats it like living in maine? me and wife ben looking at moving to maine but cant find two much info but looks like awsome place and a lot cheaper than here on the west coast. Sorry2 steal the topic

Old 12-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Who the heck is writing all over your tailgate ???

Saaaa - WEET RIDE doc !!!

Old 12-23-2006, 11:51 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

NICE!! i like the black but from experiance it is a pain to keep clean. Hey doc whats it like living in maine? me and wife ben looking at moving to maine but cant find two much info but looks like awsome place and a lot cheaper than here on the west coast. Sorry2 steal the topic
It's not stealin, just borrowin. I love living in Maine; grew up in Mass, lived in Boston for 8 yrs and got sick of the crowds, the pace, the obnoxious people. There are obnoxious people in maine too, but they more likely keep to themselves. Property values are much more reasonable unless you want lakefront, and forget about oceanfront, unless you have at least2 million dollars to spend. Even some of the lakefront properties around here are starting to go for 1.5 mil. But never mind that. People in Maine understand what's important, work hard, like to live and think independently. Communities tend to be smaller and more tight-knit, but then that means everyone knows your business. Last winter when my wife went to Cancun for a week, I took my daughter down to one of the local diners for lunch. An older guy I don't know, a regular there, comes over and says,
"You wife musta left on her trip. She havin fun?"
Tax rates are reported to be higher that many states, but that is in large part because the tax rate is measured as a percentage of percapita income. Maine's economy is smaller and less diversified than most states, so the per capita income is lower and that means for the same amount of tax the rate appears to be higher. In a practical sense, it means you're likely to be paying about the same amount in total tax, but for the same job you'll probably make a little less here. But you'll need less, so in my mind it all works out.
Anyway, it is a beautiful rural state. Lots of paper mill land up north that is open for hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, fishing. Deer everywhere (in my backyard regularly), moose not too hard to find, wild turkeys are like squirrels in central park. I myself don't hunt, but I love to eat venison that my friends get for me. I spend my time in the woods on a mountain bike or on foot, or in the mountains on backcountry skis or snowshoes. As much as I love the power of my toys, if I'm in the woods I need to be under my own power.
And, the healthcare in Maine is among the best in the nation.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 AM
countrydoctor
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Who the heck is writing all over your tailgate ???

Saaaa - WEET RIDE doc !!!
That says "Lainey". She is 4. She owns the back seat and shares it with her step-sister.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
usafr
All Star

lol,, sounds like my little girl,, shes almost 7mts, and she owns the back seat,,, and part of the bed b/c thats where her stroller stays.

Quick Reply: Finally got time to post my new CTD