Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 03:20 AM
obert
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!!

I was talking to a salesman when the 3500SRW's were first out. At that time, he sugguested that you could option up the suspension (although he only talked about the rear) and have the same spring pack on a 2500. He said I'd pay extra thousands $$ for 3500badges, basicly. I dont know about the GVWR's though. Same parts or not, the 3500SRW might well have a bigger number on the vin tag than a 2500 with optioned heavy springs with helpers, or overloads. <tomato/tomoto>. Those arent exactly the numbers the usual sales guy is interested in....

Old 12-30-2006 | 12:39 PM
rudy_t2004
|
Rookie

WEll I certainly appreciate all of ya'lls input. But I did get the truck yesterday paid $32,651 Drive out and it has 33k miles on it. I bought the truck in Austin, Tx drove back home San Antonio, Tx, where it was RAINING and figured I'd get a little mud on the tires. Went out to the place called Devils Din and got stuck [:@]. THE FIRST FREAKING DAY AND I GOT STUCK[:@] Anyhow 2 hours and two chevy 2500 4x4 pulling later they finally popped me out and went home.

Good Thing: No one got hurt

Bad Things: I lost my front passengers hub cab, got some mud in side the truck and my adrenaline was rushing.

Let me know what yall think

Old 12-30-2006 | 02:31 PM
cumminalong

Gotta make sure everything works right!

No better way than to actually use it.

Getting stuck is justification for explaining upgrades to the wife............ "Honey if I had a nice set of 35" Toyo MT's, a Detroit Locker in the back and an ARB up front, a nice Warn Winch and a highlift jack, I could have easily gotten myself a 1/2 miles farther down the trail before I got stuck!"

Never been there before....

[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/BE84C83868FD4ADEAAF607FC68BACA3B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/C743B16A55CE4FE38C98C6B0D6588FB4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2006 | 04:05 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rudy_t2004

WEll I certainly appreciate all of ya'lls input. But I did get the truck yesterday paid $32,651 Drive out and it has 33k miles on it. I bought the truck in Austin, Tx drove back home San Antonio, Tx, where it was RAINING and figured I'd get a little mud on the tires. Went out to the place called Devils Din and got stuck [:@]. THE FIRST FREAKING DAY AND I GOT STUCK[:@] Anyhow 2 hours and two chevy 2500 4x4 pulling later they finally popped me out and went home.

Good Thing: No one got hurt

Bad Things: I lost my front passengers hub cab, got some mud in side the truck and my adrenaline was rushing.

Let me know what yall think

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-30-2006 | 05:36 PM
rudy_t2004
|
Rookie

YEA YEA I know someone would say something like that but anyhow, I did anticipate going mudding I just went and got stuck[:@]. Anyhow this truck is a huge upgrade from my STi I had; for instance, this morning I stopped by Taco Cabana and went thru drive thru while ordering I had to turn off the truck b/c it was to loud for the little mexican lady to take my order and then i had to drive over the bumps in order to get out. Looks like I will be walking in to restaruants from now on.

Rudy

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!!!