Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Nitto terra grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Cummin out smoke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto terra grapplers

Running stock Generals on my 06 ctd dually. Got 20 k miles on them with tire rotations and guess what, there shot. Talked to my local tire shop that wants me to throw on a set of the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Says that I'll get 50 k miles off them with tire rotations. Is this true? From what I've heard the duallys eat up tires for some reason. Thought about running the semi tires but don't want more weight and having to pocket out the new rims. By the way I'm looking at 295/70/17 with a 2' rear spacer kit. Already got 2' hell bent spacers on the front and lot them. So what are your thoughts?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 AM
ramtradxb
Professional
Default RE: Nitto terra grapplers

I'm very happy with my Grapplers, butI don't have 50K on them yet. However,with no rotation until 12K, they showed a lot less wear especially on the fronts than other tires I've had in the past...

Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

How the heck do you rotate tires on a dually? Does the inside set of rears just stay put or what ??

JAAAAAAAAAAAAKE !!!

Old 01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
handymanherb
Banned

most people just switch outsides to the other side and rotate the rest normal

Old 01-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Cummin out smoke

I take the back outside tire and replace it with the opposite side on the front. Then that front tire is moved to the backs inside.The origanal backs inside is then put on the outside. Then the next time I do the same thing just on the other side. So I dont move all six tires per rotation but just three of them. My buddy just rotates his front and never touches the back. That way he rarely replaces front and replaces the back like crazy.

Quick Reply: Nitto terra grapplers